UPCOMING SHOW: FastLane! (Coming Jan 11, 2013)

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Good Job Jon! Tall-Guy is awesome! Giving SAM broadcaster for free is something huge, compared to what it costs!
Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

Announcing the official release dates for both the pre-show, and the official show:

FastLane! Pre-Show Edition: December 28, 2012

FastLane!: January 11, 2013 (Official release date for the show)

Was planning for the show to be summer, but I decided to have it be put int he starting position instead of doing practice runs. Hope you guys like it! :biggrin:

Now all it needs are the images for the banner (such as the Lancia Stratos from Sega Rally, Hornet from Daytona USA, F1 car from Virtua Racing, Ferrari F50 from OutRun, and Sonic's racing car from Sonic & Sega All-Stars racing (or Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed)), although considering as how I'm a novice at Photoshop... someone who is highly skilled at it could help me out, as well as adding the unique text to it, so any help is much appreciated. ;)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Alright! First RS show of 2013 ready to go! Good luck man!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

mtwinny wrote:Alright! First RS show of 2013 ready to go! Good luck man!
Thanks! Hope I won't disappoint you and everyone else! Oh, and you can change the date from my thread if you like, since I announced my official release date just now. ;)

Oh yeah, and the estimated time on the show is from 2:00 PM to 3:00PM in PR and the US. As for the UK, and other states in the US, the time zone varies greatly, so I don't really know much about time zone differences. :wacko:
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Jon the VGNerd wrote:Oh yeah, and the estimated time on the show is from 2:00 PM to 3:00PM in PR and the US. As for the UK, and other states in the US, the time zone varies greatly, so I don't really know much about time zone differences. :wacko:
So 2pm AST (which is the time zone in Puerto Rico) is 6pm UK time/GMT, 7pm CET, 1pm ET, 10am PT during the winter here in the Northern Hemisphere. The only problem we may have is with daylight savings, as Puerto Rico doesn't serve daylight savings. As the show will be promoted as 6pm UK time, if the show was to stay at being on at 6pm UK time all year round, this would mean you'd have to do the show at 1pm AST during the Summer.

You'll have to clarify with Gavvie what his opinion is on this (assuming you want to do the show at 2pm AST all year round, which I'd imagine you would).
Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

'kay, I'll see what I can do, ResidentSD. Daylight savings time... *raegface* lol.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Congrats on your new timeslot, and the show title. So a teaser before Xmas, and a new show premiere the next year. Busy schedule ahead!
Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

Alright, it's settled. The time schedule for FastLane! will be 2Pm - 3PM in Puerto Rico (6PM-7PM in the UK), and 1PM to 2PM due to daylight savings time in the UK in order for me to keep track of the time schedules. So yeah, have your cars ready, because there will be a practice run (as in pre-show) on December 28, and start off with the real competition (as in official show) for january 11. Oh, and Rexy is working on the banner for the FastLane! show, so let's hope she does it well! See you at the starting grid on December 28 and be racing along with the road against other racers next year in 2013 on January 11! :biggrin:
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Sweet! Say, when you shift into acceleration in January (heh :D) will you have lil jingles here and there?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

mtwinny wrote:Sweet! Say, when you shift into acceleration in January (heh :D) will you have lil jingles here and there?
Hehe, I see why now. All I need to find jingles that suit well for the show and I'll be on my way. :P

EDIT: Just got word from ResidentSD and told me that the GMT would change into an hour later, so this means FastLane! would be starting from 3PM - 4PM (sorry Turbo, I'll have to miss out on your show!) in Puerto Rico, which would mean 7PM - 8PM in the UK. Nothing special, just wanted to spread the word. :P