Would Knuckles be able to make a stand alone game?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Would Knuckles be able to make a stand alone game?

Post by SonicFan »

I just had this idea; what if Knuckles had another stand alone game? It would only have Knuckles as a playable character and will include other characters from the Sonic universe (game only!). The story would be mostly on Knuckles's past, because we don't know much of him in the game universe of StH. So, what do you guys say? Is this a good idea?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I would love a Knuckles game (that's not Knuckles Chaotix), but in this day and age, other than Sonic, the gameplay is too focused on him. Seeing it branch out for other characters to be playable would be good yes, but Sonic Team hasn't gotten to that level yet. Nor will I think they will for a while.

Oh, and this will obviously be a spin-off right?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

SEGA wouldn't bother with it. Sonic (the character) is a brand that they market towards a number of groups: Kids, SEGA fans, creepy Sonic fans, gamers nostalgic for their youth, idiots, etc, but a game featuring knuckles alone wouldn't have as broad an appeal/the marketability as a Sonic title.

Remember Shadow the Hedgehog? Remember how most people didn't give a flying monkeys about it?
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I would love a Knuckles game (that's not Knuckles Chaotix), but in this day and age, other than Sonic, the gameplay is too focused on him. Seeing it branch out for other characters to be playable would be good yes, but Sonic Team hasn't gotten to that level yet. Nor will I think they will for a while.

Oh, and this will obviously be a spin-off right?
Yes...it would be a spin-off.
Kaito-kun wrote:SEGA wouldn't bother with it. Sonic (the character) is a brand that they market towards a number of groups: Kids, SEGA fans, creepy Sonic fans, gamers nostalgic for their youth, idiots, etc, but a game featuring knuckles alone wouldn't have as broad an appeal/the marketability as a Sonic title.

Remember Shadow the Hedgehog? Remember how most people didn't give a flying monkeys about it?
And Shadow the Hedgehog game was ok, but still sucked.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:SEGA wouldn't bother with it. Sonic (the character) is a brand that they market towards a number of groups: Kids, SEGA fans, creepy Sonic fans, gamers nostalgic for their youth, idiots, etc, but a game featuring knuckles alone wouldn't have as broad an appeal/the marketability as a Sonic title.

Yea but Shadow was a shitty character anyway. People would probably be okay with a Knuckles game, after all he is part of the original Posse.

They should make one set during Sonic 3, and it's basically a Knuckles based version of Tecmo's Deception series where you lay traps to be a massive dickhead to Sonic.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Oh yeah that's right, an individual game starring Sonic's "shitty friends" wouldn't fly in this day and age wouldn't it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

A Tails game where you purposefully run into mines during Sonic 2 Special Stages. Highest grade if you make Sonic fail on the first checkpoint, lose if he gets the emerald.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:A Tails game where you purposefully run into mines during Sonic 2 Special Stages. Highest grade if you make Sonic fail on the first checkpoint, lose if he gets the emerald.
Maybe call it "No Way! No Way?"
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I would have called it "That's so Tails"
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

Reknoc wrote:Yea but Shadow was a shitty character anyway. People would probably be okay with a Knuckles game, after all he is part of the original Posse.

They should make one set during Sonic 3, and it's basically a Knuckles based version of Tecmo's Deception series where you lay traps to be a massive dickhead to Sonic.
I was thinking a game based on Knuckles's past.