SEGA Mixer Drive - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

SEGA Mixer Drive - Discussion Thread

Post by Rexy »

So, you've seen me dishing out Rexy Requests of the Week on Saturday Night SEGA. You've seen me travel around the community looking for incoming tunes. And it appears that remix coverage on the station appears to be few and far between.

Well, allow me to remedy that!

Introducing in January 2013, we have the Sega Mixer Drive! Following in the footsteps of SegaSonicRadio's Blitz and Pieces and Sonic Radio with Dr. Scottnik's Mean Remix Machine, we have an hour long remix-centered show, focused on the tunes that give a new lease of life to the SEGA classics that we've come to know and love. Whether it be remixes from fans across the web, from professional fan arranged albums, or even from actual game soundtracks (like the pilot I did for this featured some music from Sonic Generations and Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed), you are in for a treat!

This will be mostly a request show - requests are expected to be taken during the week and closed 2 hours before the show will begin, or if all the slots are filled, whichever happens first. Similarly to the now-defunct Late and Live, I would encourage only one or two requests per person to make it fair on everyone else. When they do open, I will accept them both through the RadioSEGA PM system as well as through my Twitter page.

And also similar to Late and Live there will also be themes thrown in as time goes on. What will be a major highlight in addition is that there will be a section that will have me shine a spotlight on some new releases! I'm doing that currently through RadioSEGA's blog system, so expect the audio transition to be equally as smooth.

I am still unsure which Friday in 2013 to start on; looking at either January 11 or January 18 depending on whether Fast Lane gets off the ground, but I can definitely say it will be broadcasting on Fridays at 7PM!

tl,dr;
Welcome to the SEGA Remix Zone! Get ready!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

ANOTHER NEW SHOW?!? SWEET MAYO BACON OMETTLE BATMAN! :D

Awesome that you're getting your very own radio show here at RS Rexy! And it's a specialty show at that, and it's something you're very fond of too! Good luck!

We need to change your member title soon too lol
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rexy wrote:So, you've seen me dishing out Rexy Requests of the Week on Saturday Night SEGA.
No I haven't.
Rexy wrote:You've seen me travel around the community looking for incoming tunes.
Nope, not seen that either.

You really don't know me at all, do you?
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

mtwinny wrote:We need to change your member title soon too lol
Haha, just realised I've been 'member' for too long. Remedied that for now :P
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Freaking win. Nice to see this place gets its own remix show. May catch the first live shows in January, unfortunately I may catch the podcasts thereafter due the time lol
TheBritishAndy
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheBritishAndy »

Fantastic glad to see that you've got your show up and running Rexy, hopefully i'll be off work when your first show starts can't wait to tune into SEGA Mixer Drive. :D
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Good Job Rexy! Should I add your show on the shows list? Or is it too soon?
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Still too soon, Whooa. A lot of preparations are still being done with the library building and media assets, but when I'm ready, I'll give you guys a nudge :)
Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

Hmm... IDK if I'll be able to listen to your show next year, especially when there's Turbo Drive Live on SegaSonic Radio on a same time, considering as how I can't listen to both shows at once... :unsure:
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Jon the VGNerd wrote:Hmm... IDK if I'll be able to listen to your show next year, especially when there's Turbo Drive Live on SegaSonic Radio on a same time, considering as how I can't listen to both shows at once... :unsure:
Pffft.....but it's a NEW show....just kidding...which you seem fit to listen too~
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010