25 People Dead at An Elementary School, Most Children

What it says on the tin...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

25 People Dead at An Elementary School, Most Children

Post by Twinny »

Wow, just wow. Enough with this damn senselessness already...

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-scho ... ories.html

EDIT: Now 27 deaths.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

tailsth3fox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by tailsth3fox »

27 unconfirmed 7 confirmed, and yes i think this is horrible
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

What I want to know is, why the hell are people bringing up POLITICS in this? Children died in this attack, they should be caring for the parents who lost their sons and daughters man. Not on how to "control gun laws" and crap.

EDIT: And apparently 22 kids and one adult were killed by a man in China.....what the hell is going on right now?

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

It got as worse as it get. This crap is too frequent and it gives our media more of a chance to blow it all out of proportion. with politics sneaking it's way back into this mess again....
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

mtwinny: Sadly, people on the right AND the left constantly try to put blame on the other side for ANYTHING negative. This isn't the place to go into specifics about that, but it is sickening.

What I find shocking is what this says about the state of our culture - and our world for that matter. In a matter of weeks we've seen a high profile case of Domestic Violence/Suicide in Kansas City, death of NFL scout team player caused by drunk driving (He wasn't the one that was drunk, btw) in Dallas, a mall shooting in Oregon, and two maniacs - one in China and one in Connecticut - lets abuse loose - by knives and guns respectively - leaving as of the typing of this post - 47 dead combined. Merry Christmas?
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

crippenstation wrote:
What I find shocking is what this says about the state of our culture - and our world for that matter. In a matter of weeks we've seen a high profile case of Domestic Violence/Suicide in Kansas City, death of NFL scout team player caused by drunk driving (He wasn't the one that was drunk, btw) in Dallas, a mall shooting in Oregon, and two maniacs - one in China and one in Connecticut - lets abuse loose - by knives and guns respectively - leaving as of the typing of this post - 47 dead combined. Merry Christmas?
All that in this year alone. Just unbelievable to realize all those people killed in this year alone. And with these shootings around this time, is simply wrong.

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Interesting how that story seems to make all the headlines over here, but not this one which happened on the same day.

Ah well, 'murica I guess.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:Interesting how that story seems to make all the headlines over here, but not this one which happened on the same day.

Maybe you were blind, but did you not see the edit I made in my second post? Really...

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:Maybe you were blind, but did you not see the edit I made in my second post? Really...
No, I didn't. But it doesn't change the main point of my post, does it?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Interesting how that story seems to make all the headlines over here, but not this one which happened on the same day.

Usually I don't do this, but I agree with you. What happened in China is just a heinous as the murders here. In my opinion, non-American incidents of that nature take a backseat to something just as equally unforgivable.

'Murica media is more exact. People are inclined to be be so focused on what news sites/the media these do, they seem to lack sense for when other areas of the world are affected in just a grimly of a way as possible.

For instance, CNN (I believe) told that he murderer of the elementary school shootings that he had a FB account. Problem was, it was the WRONG guy's account. Guess what happened? People flock to the that person's account with death threats and the like. Stupid in how the murderer had already died and people was fighting with a guy who had nothing to do with the crime.