Mushi-Shi....anyone heard of it?

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Mushi-Shi....anyone heard of it?

Post by Starlight »

So I've watched DVDs 1 and 3 and thoroughly enjoying it.

To me it's like a Japanese Doctor Who but without the sense that the Mushi are "evil"....

Basically, the protagonist is called Ginko (voice actor of Dan Marshall from Binary Domain and Knuckles in the recent Sonic VA shake up), who is the Mushi Master (knows pretty much everything about the mushi).

Every episode is unique and really beautiful on how it tells you people's dilemma with the Mushi.

Most of the time he gets the problems sorted or at least manages to keep the mushi away...but on occasions he can't help with the mushi and the people either do something bad to the mushi (but also lose something along the way), or live alongside them.

There's also an episode on when he discovers the mushi himself before he dedicates himself to helping others!

It's a really well done Anime/Manga series that I'll probably prefer this over Doctor Who in the future!

Has anyone else watched/read them?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I've heard of it, there was a film adaptation as well, wasn't there?

Although I've no idea how anyone can watch disc 3 without having seen disc 2 beforehand.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Kaito-kun wrote:I've heard of it, there was a film adaptation as well, wasn't there?

Although I've no idea how anyone can watch disc 3 without having seen disc 2 beforehand.
Yeah, but it's not animated which I think may kill some of the reasons why it works so well.

I blame my delivery courier...but disc 3 is watch-able without disc 2. Like I said, each episode isn't tied to another so you could basically switch them up and still get the same effect!

I wholeheartedly recommend it though!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

It caught my attention when the anime was first released in the UK but I never got a chance to investigate. I'll no doubt get around to it eventually.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

I randomly searched Amazon for any Ghibli films when I stumbled across it a few months back.

I am really happy that I came across it to be honest...since I was losing interest in TV shows.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:I've heard of it, there was a film adaptation as well, wasn't there?

It's episodic.

I own Vol. 1 and got it as part of the starter set thing Manga used to do a while back (they did this with some magical girl thing and Beck as well (the beck box was awesome)) but I never got around to getting the other volumes.

It did seem like it could be a good series, the mushi and the stories around them were pretty good. I believe a series 2 has been rumoured or announced.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Starlight wrote:Like I said, each episode isn't tied to another so you could basically switch them up and still get the same effect!
Reknoc wrote:It's episodic.
I meant more in an OCD kind of way.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Reknoc wrote:It's episodic.

I own Vol. 1 and got it as part of the starter set thing Manga used to do a while back (they did this with some magical girl thing and Beck as well (the beck box was awesome)) but I never got around to getting the other volumes.

It did seem like it could be a good series, the mushi and the stories around them were pretty good. I believe a series 2 has been rumoured or announced.
You mean a second season? Would make sense given the last volumes were in 2009/2010.
DunnElden
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DunnElden »

Well i have listened this...its awesome.....!
DunnElden
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

DunnElden wrote:Well i have listened this...its awesome.....!
"Listened"? It's a TV series!