Suggestions / Ideas for the Radio

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

Is there anyway you could add a timer to tell you how long you've got left to request again?
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Jamie64326 wrote:Is there anyway you could add a timer to tell you how long you've got left to request again?
I have been meaning to do that for a long time now, however due to several implications it was never implemented.
Maybe some time in the future.
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Well, I don't know if this idea will be of any use to anybody, but what of being able to organize favorites into categorized groups/folders, like say, a group/folder for "music to look up later for purchasing" or "music to work out to", etc. I know the latter isn't a very good example, but I believe that the concept is.

Also, I just realized that it may prove useful for any show hosts who have just discovered a bunch of songs to be able to group them for using said songs on a future episode. Yay or nay? Thanks. ^_^
Key
Level 3
Level 3
Preferred pronouns: he/she/they

Post by Key »

It would be super helpful if there was a way to

a) have check boxes on the favourites list so we could check multiple songs to remove at once. Come to think of it it would be handy to have that on like, album pages, so we could add multiple songs at once, too.

b) as RapidRun said, a way to organize one's favourites list would be handy, that way the very favourite of the favourites could be at the top and easy to find if one's list is a bit long (as mine is getting).

Dunno if either is feasible but they'd definitely be handy if they are.
Image Image Image
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

These are all interesting suggestions and a testament for how much people enjoy RadioSEGA, which kinda makes me blush a little. :wub:
The favourites section suggestions are definitely something to look into. I'll put that on the to-do list for website things. No promises, but at least I'll have a chat with our web... things... geniuses. Same goes for tagging of songs and albums. It's not easy to re-tag over 15,000 files and do it in the most efficient way.

As for the commercials, it would be interesting, but I have to say this wouldn't be to the liking of everyone. But it could be something to look into in the future even if just on special occasions. One of the things we have thought of was to add promos/adverts/commercials to other community websites and projects as we truly wish to be the radio station of the entire SEGA community. We'll see. So many ideas, so little time... But keep them coming! :)

In regards to request limits, you should check out this thread here where we introduced the most recent rules. If you think you hear a specific song too many times imagine what happened before. I think we've struck a nice balance now because we don't want to have the same tracks play over and over but also want people to feel that they can request their favourites on a daily basis. As an aside, there will probably be a change in the number of songs you can request coming soon as we prepare to announce something in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned!
Key
Level 3
Level 3
Preferred pronouns: he/she/they

Post by Key »

<3

Also hey, you're from Portugal, I always wondered. I should pay more attention to the forums. XD
Image Image Image
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I have another suggestion/question: is there a way to configure the randomized song generator or whatever it's called so the more obscure & lesser-played songs (read: songs not from any Sonic game) are played more often? Thanks in advance & keep up the good work!