Suggestions / Ideas for the Radio

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Suggestions / Ideas for the Radio

Post by chickaroo1 »

I'm just throwing out some ideas here that I've had since I've joined here.

Commercials - commercials to promote shows here on RS. Example: "Hey come check out ForeverSonic's Random Hour, fridays at 4 PM eastern / 9 PM UK time, only on RadioSEGA!"

Something like that or... "Hey I'm _____ and you're listening to RadioSEGA!"

I'm just throwing these ideas out here to make the station kind of like a real radio station.
See my past reviews here! The Chickaroo Reviews Archive List is here!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-hi ... sp=sharing
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be rocking out to a mix of Jet Set Radio, Yakuza and Sambe de Amigo OSTs only to be interrupted by Gavvie or foreversonic yelling at me.

The little hourly jingle is awesome though. Personally, I think it's just enough.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

As a real radio station? Uh, no offense, but I wouldn't like seeing RadioSEGA turn out like Sonic Radio was under Live 365. Those jingles that promote the shows during the shows would suffice enough. Actual commercials akin to analog radio? Eh....nah.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Bit on the fence about this. We could, and probably should, have a couple of extra jingles to compliment the one that's on hourly. However, I'm not fond of the idea of putting them on more often.

Something to muse on, I reckon.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Bit on the fence about this. We could, and probably should, have a couple of extra jingles to compliment the one that's on hourly. However, I'm not fond of the idea of putting them on more often.

Something to muse on, I reckon.
Actually, that's an interesting proposition, as long as they were up to the same caliber as the existing jingle then switching the hourly one out with others might not be so bad. The way chikaroo was talking I was under the impression that they would be regular, frequent ad breaks in the stream. However, a single, short, sharp 10 second ad/jingle, once an hour might not be so bad.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Kaito-kun wrote:Actually, that's an interesting proposition, as long as they were up to the same caliber as the existing jingle then switching the hourly one out with others might not be so bad. The way chikaroo was talking I was under the impression that they would be regular, frequent ad breaks in the stream. However, a single, short, sharp 10 second ad/jingle, once an hour might not be so bad.
I'm down with this. The problem is...when will this ever be put into effect. lol
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

mtwinny wrote:I'm down with this. The problem is...when will this ever be put into effect. lol
I wouldn't hold my breath: Those professional quality jingles cost money for a start and I doubt it would be worth the effort in the end.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

I'm sure that many talented people here can make some jingles (ex Rexy, Wrath Oskvro and others I don't remember).
Of course we'll have some professional Jingles, but we can have some from our own community. Especially since our community and us can produce high quality jingles
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Whooa21 wrote:I'm sure that many talented people here can make some jingles (ex Rexy, Wrath Oskvro and others I don't remember).Of course we'll have some professional Jingles, but we can have some from our own community. Especially since our community and us can produce high quality jingles
That is true. The community did help us on a few jingles on our live shows.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Post by chickaroo1 »

:/ Maybe I shouldn't have posted this...no one's liking the idea.
Story of my life.
See my past reviews here! The Chickaroo Reviews Archive List is here!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-hi ... sp=sharing