Your Best Video Game of 2012

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Your Best Video Game of 2012

Post by Ace_Croft »

As a simply follow up topic when I saw Kaito-Kun post I think we need a best Video Game of 2012

What is your best video game(s) of 2012, Share your thoughts!!

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Steam)
Possibly the most fun I've had with a First Person game in a good few years. Slashing people and chopping peoples head off is the most fun I've in this game, this game makes me laugh so hard at the voice acting because it's pure gold but it's a pretty enjoyable FPSlashing game with Swords and other weapons (Dat Crossbow! :D)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 (I own the PS3 version), PS Vita, Xbox 360, Wii U, IOS, Android LOTS OF DEVICES!)
No game has made me smile and RAGE like Most Wanted since Burnout Paradise XD But seeing it's the same developer I'm not surprised Most Wanted does that because it's the most fun and crazy Need for Speed I've played by Critierion Games by adding elements from their own Burnout series it just makes the game great to play and faster flow when doing races than silly story elements in previous Need for Speed games (besides Hot Pursuit). One thing I certainly do love about this game is the odd openings to each race/ Most Wanted Car race giving it either an abstract feeling which I totally love.

I'd recommend giving both these games ago if you can because to me I think they are pretty great games and definitely worth checking out.
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

For me, since I had LIMITED video game playing this year...

Pokemon White 2

Personally, I find this game my favorite to play through (and a couple exceptions of course) out of games I have played this year. I really like the story actually being explained further for this Generation. The PWT is awesome, the music has never been better and the graphics have been the best the series been up to this point.

Now, the Wifi options for this game is really good. From battling, trading, and more; Game Freak have really pulled out the stops to make these games fan-favorites among the DS library. Even more, it's one of the few series from the DS to have 3DS-enabled features. Such features like Dream Radar, in-game exclusive features (Xtransceiver), etc.

So yeah.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Really hate trying to think of a game of the year because I can never remember what I played this year (or what came out this year). There were some standouts like Kid Icarus, Resident Evil Revelations, Pokemon Black & White 2, Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Graces F, Guild Wars 2 and probably some other stuff.

But I think the winners (gonna cheat here) are:

Phantasy Star Online 2:
Just so much fun, great mechanics and a lot of good content support.

Farcry 3:
Gorgeous open world, good gunplay, and some really fun random moments that can happen to you thanks to the menagerie on the island. It certainly has some problems (main characters that deserve a much worse fate for one) but its easy to overlook.