What do you want to see from SEGA for the SEGA AGES Online/SEGA Heritage/3DS Shop?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

What do you want to see from SEGA for the SEGA AGES Online/SEGA Heritage/3DS Shop?

Post by Starlight »

For me, they have to:

Get M2 to port the PS2 version of the original Panzer Dragoon with bonus features with the Saturn original like NiGHTS (PC port)...get some added difficulty in the game (add more foes/less health etc).

If they can, make a SEGA AGES Panzer Dragoon collection with the original, Zwei and Orta in one collection.

Make a Fantasy Zone SEGA AGES collection with the Arcade Versions of Fantasy Zone and II DX (made also by M2), with Super Fantasy Zone to round it off (perhaps add the spin-off games as mini games?)

They should take a risk with Miku and put her on the PSN Store as a downloadable title. (Not exactly their IP but since there are fans, just get it out there)

Carry on the 3D iterations with OutRun, After Burner and possibly Zaxxon Motherbase from the 32X.

Make a SEGA AGES Sonic collection with SEGA Sonic the Hedgehog (adapted controls so it works with analogue), Knuckles' Chaotix and Sonic Shuffle as a collection.

Finally, to round it all off, they should release Burning Rangers HD (just like my sig suggests).

Any ideas from you guys?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Starlight wrote:
They should take a risk with Miku and put her on the PSN Store as a downloadable title. (Not exactly their IP but since there are fans, just get it out there)
Do you mean an international release as a download title? While I agree that it would be nice licensing is he main issue there: Not only for the characters from Crypton Future Media but also the soundtrack from the various composers.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Starlight wrote:Make a Fantasy Zone SEGA AGES collection with the Arcade Versions of Fantasy Zone and II DX (made also by M2), with Super Fantasy Zone to round it off (perhaps add the spin-off games as mini games?)
That sounds exactly like Fantasy Zone Collection from the SEGA AGES series for PS2. I would love that as Vintage/Heritage or any thing.

Or Fantasy Zone II DX alone, I would be more than satisfied. It's one of my most wanted to this day to play. It truly recreates the game as it came from the System-16 board. Comparable to Megaman 9/10 and the Rebirth series by Konami in delivering a true retro experience.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I would like to see the Saturn version of Sonic 3D put up.
It was way better than the Mega Drive version due to it's music and graphics and has only ever had a one port which was terrible on the PC.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Kaito-kun wrote:Do you mean an international release as a download title? While I agree that it would be nice licensing is he main issue there: Not only for the characters from Crypton Future Media but also the soundtrack from the various composers.
Japanese with English menu subs I guess? I mean internationally but if they made it exclusive in Japan but was import friendly via using Japanese accounts I think that would be the next best solution.

I did mean the collection but the other spin-off games wouldn't be stand alone games in the collection, they could be made as minigames between each level or something?

I would have added Sonic 3D with the Sonic collection, but I wanted it to focus on many Sonic characters from the series rather then just Sonic.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's probably easier to import physical media games though than it is to get it through a different region PSN.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Reknoc wrote:It's probably easier to import physical media games though than it is to get it through a different region PSN.
I guess, then it would have to be internationally then.

Either way, it must be easier then porting Panzer Dragoon Saga on anything other then a Saturn! lol

Edit: Joined Raptr and added you as a friend if you don't mind. XD
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:It's probably easier to import physical media games though than it is to get it through a different region PSN.
*Nod* That's what I did and I don't regret it.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Panzer remakes are a definite must... shame about the lost source code for Saga!! Reckon a Shenmue 1-2 HD remake would go down well, if they ever decide to go back to this gem of an IP... and as a SF Fanboy, I would give any one of my remaining healthy organs for a Shining Force 3 fully translated HD remake including the Premium Disk!!