So... Pier Solar and Project Y from Watermelon

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

So... Pier Solar and Project Y from Watermelon

Post by Starlight »

Have any of you guys heard of these two games? (one is in development).

http://www.piersolar.com

If so, do you have the former in your Genesis/Mega Drive collection?

I tried searching for it here to bump since I invested into Project Y the other day but to no avail.

I will share with you my screens for Pier Solar.

It has the best manual I have ever read plus you get stickers when you order it from Watermelon as well as a Thank You letter for supporting them!

So yeah...hope there are some fellow owners here!

Oh yeah, you can download and rip the PCM OST and play it in the Mega CD so you can play the game with the enhanced sound!

Damn...my title doesn't make sense since there should be full stops between the So and Pier Solar. Same with three after Watermelon.

>_< Could a mod fix this?
Click to reveal
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

I learned about Pier Solar in this site years ago, when the game was still in development. Being an RPG it caught my interest, and also because it was being developed for the Genesis. But that's about it, as I don't own the console anymore, I let it pass.

The other project is new to me. I haven't heard about it until now.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

BluePuyo wrote:I learned about Pier Solar in this site years ago, when the game was still in development. Being an RPG it caught my interest, and also because it was being developed for the Genesis. But that's about it, as I don't own the console anymore, I let it pass.

The other project is new to me. I haven't heard about it until now.
I did expect this was talked about in the past but I couldn't find the relevant thread.

Anyway, the new Project is a Beat em Up with RPG elements it seems...

They also have a Project N but I have no clue what that one is since I am not investing in that one (I don't own a SNES).
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Starlight wrote:I did expect this was talked about in the past but I couldn't find the relevant thread.
If my memory serves right, the site was hacked once. That would be the time when the thread might have been lost.
Starlight wrote:Anyway, the new Project is a Beat em Up with RPG elements it seems...

They also have a Project N but I have no clue what that one is since I am not investing in that one (I don't own a SNES).
I did a search after that.

Project Y sounds good, a beat'em up mixed with RPG elements I don't know if it was done before. Forget that bit, the closest I know is River City Ransom. Now I wonder if they're taking a similar route.
Not too keen of the art design though, but I somehow know where they are aiming with that.

About project N, it sounds more interesting to me, being an action/adventure game, which is more of my thing than a beat'em up.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Fair enough I guess, but I am a huge fan of Streets of Rage 2...so if they can surpass that, I will be happy.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

I let it slip back then, the main reson for it being that I don't own a megadrive anymore. but I'm glad they're proting it to dreamcast this year, so I get to play it in the end ;)
~G~
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ~G~ »

Yeah I missed the Mega Drive release. Well I knew it was coming out - but couldn't really afford it at the time.

I'm really excited for the HD release though. I might invest and get for both the Dreamcast and XBLA - nice to support indie devs as much as possible :)
jhonjame
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jhonjame »

Thanks provide usefull information. i have gain alot of experiance from both all of you.
[TABLE="width: 75"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 75"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]