FastLane! - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Jon the VGNerd

FastLane! - Discussion Thread

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

Starting on Thursday, January 17, FastLane will have 10 episodes every Thursday week, so it's jsut like SEGA Mixer Drive AND Latte & Live, but requests are strictly racing games from both SEGA and Sonic franchises, and the words "Giza Speedway", despite the meaning, it's from Sonic Xtreme as it's a platformer and even though it has a song with that particular name, it bears no connection to the racing genres. :P

So, without further ado, welcome to the streets of FastLane on RadioSEGA! Following shortly after Rexy's SEGA Mixer Drive, FastLane's pre-show had garnered a huge success, despite the flaws, and has been given an offer to perform a 10-episode run every Thursday. Don't be afraid to send in your requests for the Racing Listener Mix, as well as various mixes that you'll be able to hear from your requests! If 10 episodes on everyThursday passes, FastLane will go into overdrive with a bang!

On Thursdays, the date confirmation can be found on the Shows & Podcasts section in case you want to check it out. So what are you waiting for? Send your requests to me via Twitter or via PMs on either the IRC or on RadioSEGA! :biggrin:

Oh, and a word from our sponsor... don't get caught in last place!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

"It's just like SEGA Mixer Drive AND Late and Live..." Sorry to ask, but in essence, how? The requesting? The upbeat-ness?Also, its very discussion thread! Any chance you may create a separate tracklist thread?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Is this showing to follow similarly in the specials akin to LaL? That's a pretty big order, especially since this is only 10 episodes. XD Still, wish you the best with the show. I'm also confused on what my brother pointed out..

As for requests...

The Core - Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Racing Nostalgia - SEGA GT 2002
Groovin' Daylight - Scud Race
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

What I think Twinny is trying to say is that Jon may show signs of fatigue just by over-referencing other shows. And to be fair, one of my early criticisms for Scottnik's show on Sonic Radio was for blatantly copying LaL's frontend.
Sure, it set a benchmark, but with your handling of the show (hehe, handling) you still gotta make it feel fresh. If you want this to go beyond a 10 epidode run, you really need to start doing just that.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Rexy wrote:What I think Twinny is trying to say is that Jon may show signs of fatigue just by over-referencing other shows. And to be fair, one of my early criticisms for Scottnik's show on Sonic Radio was for blatantly copying LaL's frontend.
Sure, it set a benchmark, but with your handling of the show (hehe, handling) you still gotta make it feel fresh. If you want this to go beyond a 10 epidode run, you really need to start doing just that.
Ah I see. Well, there's not nothing wrong with getting inspiration from a past show to motivate your drive (pun intended) for your own show. Like what Rexy said, over-referencing the past shows and expecting the same success of LaL is something you can't entirely devote to. Do your own thing with how you run your show.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Sorry for double post, but there are still requests for the show, I have one.

Skyscraper Sequence - Daytona USA 2
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

I feel as though requests are starting to be dry. Especially since only me & TCB been requesting since the first episode.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I know college is eating away your most of your time for anything. However, and I may sound a tad blunt, but I think you may be exaggerating a bit with the notion that you can't at least plan out your show a little, and work with SAM beforehand to make sure things are running smoothly.

I may be wrong, and if I am, I apologize. Like the other RS shows I want this one to succeed. Going forward, you need to better understand the job of the DJ. Need to be on top of when your show is going to be on, and for that you need to know the timezones better.

I wish the best of luck to this show, and honestly don't want to see it crash and burn.
Jon the VGNerd

Post by Jon the VGNerd »

Thanks for the support, TCB. ^_^

As for SAM, I'm getting used to it a bit more, although it stopped recognizing certain songs like Soul on Desert from SEGA Rally 2 and that it disconnects itself sometimes and that it chooses the songs on its own that was not chosen by me, but overall I'm getting the hang of it. :biggrin:
TheBritishAndy
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheBritishAndy »

Even though I unfortunately haven't been tuning in live for the past couple of weeks, I am going to be listening in tonight so looking forward to the show. :)

And for requests could I please have for tonight or for next week, if you don't have any room for tonight:
OutRun Bay - Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Don't Drop Me - SEGA Touring Car
Sky High - Daytona USA
TheChaosBlue wrote:Like the other RS shows I want this one to succeed.
Wait my shows a success? XD