Sonic: Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah I wouldn't mind more rival battles.

Certainly nothing like the piss easy SA1 and SA2 Rival battles but perhaps a bit different from the Generations Rival battles... if you get what I mean.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Running after a boss waiting for the one moment to attack it once is no better than waiting around for the boss to finish its long ass attack pattern before it shows you its weak point for you to attack it once. It's terrible boss design.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

You should be able to attack it all times, is what you saying right? While still being challenging.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Yeah I wouldn't mind more rival battles.

Certainly nothing like the piss easy SA1 and SA2 Rival battles but perhaps a bit different from the Generations Rival battles... if you get what I mean.
I always thought the rival battles in SA1 and SA2 were just put there for you to interact with the story a bit.
Well, Sa1's anyway.

I agree with the fact that running after bosses is a tired out style now though.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Perhaps a boss/rival that you can attack at all time but he or she has heaps of health so they won't get defeated in 3 hits.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

TheChaosBlue wrote:You should be able to attack it all times, is what you saying right? While still being challenging.
Yes. The MegaDrive Sonics had this. It's a risk vs reward system, just because you can always hit the boss doesn't mean it's smart to do so, it's up to you to decide how many hits you want to give it and when and hope it pays out.
Quills on Wheels wrote:Perhaps a boss/rival that you can attack at all time but he or she has heaps of health so they won't get defeated in 3 hits.
8hits obv.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

I loved the boss battles in all the 2D Sonics. Even the no rings one hit insta-death bosses from the MS\GG era (and when you're 7-8 they are VERY frustrating, or were to me!!) :ohmy:

The 3D ones all got hung up on only being attackable once they had finished their attack pattern as Recknoc says, leading to some ridiculous predictability in bosses (though I still love Egg Viper from SA1).

I think a boss with massive health would only get repetetive if they resort to having a repeating attack pattern, but would a free form AI work considering the lacklustre camera work and collision detection employed in the majority of the 3D Sonics?

Would be interesting to see some bigger Bayonetta style boss matches however. For example segments to break away that change the attack pattern and the tactics required, and this would fit in well with the mantra of Eggman creating bigger badder and more devious robotics to go on his heretofore failed dominations.
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Sonic Rush was unplayable on any difficulty other than easy for me. The bosses had an obscene amount of the health, trying to fight them was like shooting up on tranquilizers. Dunno if difficulty actually affected anything other than boss health but it was still a stupid decision. Capcom should just buy Dimps and lock them up somewhere where they can't hurt anyone other than the FGC.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

As far as I could tell it did only effect boss health.
I could do up to Blaze on the higher difficulty for Rush and up to the extra boss on Rush Adventure.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Never played Rush - for shame!! - and wasn't aware of that... I seem to remember the last boss in Sonic Chaos had an annoying amount of hits, if only because I kept missing his head and hitting the body of the shopping cart walker (lol) causing no damage.

Must try and get hold of the GBA \ DS Sonics, though this would require me to purchase a GBA \ DS!

I liked the implementation of the bosses in Generations though I agree the Rival battles weren't something I would rave about once I completed them... Perfect Chaos battle kinda exemplifies exactly what I meant above, each time you got to him things changed slightly and so it wasn't like completely repeating the same thing each time.
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.