Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Dr Shaneman wrote:That's the best reason you could come up with? =P
What do you mean? XD
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Reknoc wrote:Sonic Rush was unplayable on any difficulty other than easy for me. The bosses had an obscene amount of the health, trying to fight them was like shooting up on tranquilizers. Dunno if difficulty actually affected anything other than boss health but it was still a stupid decision. Capcom should just buy Dimps and lock them up somewhere where they can't hurt anyone other than the FGC.
Really? I thought the bosses on that were far too easy even on normal. I think eigh hits were find because it took no time at all to kill most of them. The only difficult thing about the game to me is "that damn seventh chaos emerald!" That took me forever and was punishing since I can't even beat the half pipe stages of Sonic 2. But when I did it and got to the final boss, it was far too easy. Fun, but I expected more challenge.
Reknoc wrote:Running after a boss waiting for the one moment to attack it once is no better than waiting around for the boss to finish its long ass attack pattern before it shows you its weak point for you to attack it once. It's terrible boss design.
I agree with you completely. Those bosses can still be fun, but having the risk of hurting yourselfd and taking risks is way more fun and challenging than waiting for the only time you can hit them and then you're just getting loads of damage. It also means replaying the boss is way too easy, even more so than with one you're free to attack anytime.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

metalgamer wrote:Really? I thought the bosses on that were far too easy even on normal. I think eigh hits were find because it took no time at all to kill most of them. The only difficult thing about the game to me is "that damn seventh chaos emerald!" That took me forever and was punishing since I can't even beat the half pipe stages of Sonic 2. But when I did it and got to the final boss, it was far too easy. Fun, but I expected more challenge.
There was no challenge. It was just doing the same shit 8 times, it was boring and pointless (didn't help Tails wouldn't shut his stupid mouth). It was less like the fun final challenge at the end of a world and more of a chore... or a job.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Sonic Rush's 'difficulty' I think only applied to the bosses. Frankly, the only thing that was notable for me was the increase in hit points. I think a couple of the bosses attack patterns were quicker, but anything else yeah. I mean, I enjoyed the difficultly in the bosses personally, some more than others. Then there's Point W.

Yeah, that was a good boss on Hard for me. A bit of an ass that boss, but it was fun to me.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

I have to be honest, I still have yet to snag all 7 emeralds in Sonic Rush (1). The final bonus stage is a beast, compared to all the rest. But if it were to retain the 3D aspect, it should be a fresh Bonus Round. Curious it sounds like its taking Sonic CD's direction in stage design.
Jeeble
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jeeble »

Of course, Dimps does the handhelds. Whenever there's something in my opinion really bad I like to pretend its not there, like my moms internet. Gee, it sure sucks their not making a 3DS version ;) .
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

I rather this stuff be kept secret from the public until they decide it is the best time to reveal it to them.
To be this good takes AGES, to be this good takes SEGA!
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

SonicFan too true friend, E3 may unveil even more with whats to come for our blue hedgehog and pals. If this project is meant to be, I say go for it! This could be an interesting title to see come to reality. Pretty much a new game, but a mash up of what worked since the beginning.
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

I highly doubt this will be SA3 though. They've already tried to achieve that (failed).
To be this good takes AGES, to be this good takes SEGA!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Are people still thinking an SA3 will happen?
Wake up already.