Sonic: Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Because Sonic games seem like they're written by children, and then when I realise an adult wrote it I get depressed.
Funny you say that, since Lost World is just now getting more free reign by the English writers. So Colors and Generations can hold most of that dislike.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:So basically you want classic, Genesis/Mega Drive story telling?
It would be nice.
TheChaosBlue wrote:Funny you say that, since Lost World is just now getting more free reign by the English writers. So Colors and Generations can hold most of that dislike.
This doesn't make me any more optimistic about it being written well.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Funny you say that, since Lost World is just now getting more free reign by the English writers.
If anything, that would make me more worried.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

In a way, you two are kinda prove part of my point. Who knows what the English script will entail.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Though sometimes entertaining, like Eggman's announcements in Sonic Colours, I agree the storytelling gets a little old. I mean, it's mostly about gameplay anyway, so why not take off some cutscenes and improve the game?
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Reknoc wrote:Because Sonic games seem like they're written by children, and then when I realise an adult wrote it I get depressed.
I don't think a Child could write a story in general.

The story's dumbed down probably so the gameplay shines like the Mario Series, which has minimal writing or simplistic).

It looks good so far though.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Starlight wrote:I don't think a Child could write a story in general.

The story's dumbed down probably so the gameplay shines like the Mario Series, which has minimal writing or simplistic).

It looks good so far though.
The story isn't minimalist though, the games have thrown cutscenes at you at every opportunity since the Adventure games.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

KC wrote:Though sometimes entertaining, like Eggman's announcements in Sonic Colours, I agree the storytelling gets a little old. I mean, it's mostly about gameplay anyway, so why not take off some cutscenes and improve the game?
Reknoc wrote:The story isn't minimalist though, the games have thrown cutscenes at you at every opportunity since the Adventure games.
So like the game should've told a story through the gameplay, like Mega Man X?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:So like the game should've told a story through the gameplay, like Mega Man X?
Yes, or like the original Sonic games. Mega Man X had the exact same problem after like the third game lol

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOR
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I really don't see not having a story in the Sonic games makes the game better. Sure the last couple of stories were meh if you were really critical about it (Generations though....eh), but what's wrong with adding a bit more exposition?