Sonic: Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

TheChaosBlue wrote:And I think what Kaito was talking about is that if you enjoyed the game in your own right from a combination of playing it at some expo/actually looking at gameplay videos and whatnot, then what's going to stop your from enjoying it yourself? I really don't take much consideration in reviews these days anyway personally.
If that's the case, I agree with the sentiment.

I never implied such thing. This is not going to affect my enjoyment of the game the day I buy it.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Seems pretty rough around the edges, with the reviews "Lost World" has been receiving. Although its a new platform being tested, we've been here before but with a plumber. Oddly enough his level designs worked, its just the concept was a bit late. If this was the mid 90's, what a difference it would make. Maybe that's the problem, the team working on these projects are stuck in the past. Adventure, Heroes, and so on set the bar so high for taking intense risks. What it would be like to see that again before the nextgen reboot we are going to endure.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

BluePuyo wrote: This is not going to affect my enjoyment of the game the day I buy it.
So you haven't played it yet?
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Kaito-kun wrote:So you haven't played it yet?
Eh? Was it a legitimate question then?
No, I haven't played it. If I gave that impression, then I have to express myself better next time.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I much rather have my hands on the game myself so I can give my judgments on it. I haven't had that chance through demos, and what I've seen I'm liking.

All this is for the 3DS version btw.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

well I was going to go and buy a Wii U so I can play the game but right now, with those scores, it doesn't look like it'll be worth it. Plus, there weren't any preorder bonuses here in Australia (not that the European/American pre-order bonuses are any good anyway.) and the "Dead Six Edition" seems to be just some bullshit title given to all of the Wii U copies so I'll wait.

Maybe the third game SEGA hasn't revealed yet will be good.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

You're really going off from what reviewers say about a Sonic game that much that it influences your decision on not buying the game?

You really call yourself 'the biggest sonic fan in the world'? lol

I'm getting the 3DS version any-damn-way.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote:well I was going to go and buy a Wii U so I can play the game but right now, with those scores, it doesn't look like it'll be worth it. Plus, there weren't any preorder bonuses here in Australia (not that the European/American pre-order bonuses are any good anyway.) and the "Dead Six Edition" seems to be just some bullshit title given to all of the Wii U copies so I'll wait.

And this is why I don't bother with reviews if it means not getting the game. I'd still get Lost World and see if I like it myself.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

Quills on Wheels wrote:well I was going to go and buy a Wii U so I can play the game but right now, with those scores, it doesn't look like it'll be worth it. Plus, there weren't any preorder bonuses here in Australia (not that the European/American pre-order bonuses are any good anyway.) and the "Dead Six Edition" seems to be just some bullshit title given to all of the Wii U copies so I'll wait.

It's up to you really, but you shouldn't rely on scores only, it's just a vague indicative. It's better if you read them and see if your doubts with the game could potentially be an issue that could affect your enjoyment.

But I guess if you don't like the direction the series is taking (me either), then is better to let it pass and wait for the next game (I'm going to give it a try though.)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Well, after BluePuyo's post if that's what's really indicating you of not buying the game no-one can say otherwise. I personally feel there are some good things with this new 'direction' (parkour especially) but the execution is really polarizing.