Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

I'm surprised about the reception of Lost World so far. I saw some scores and, to be honest, I didn't expect them to be THAT low.

I don't think I'll play this for a long time since I won't get a Wii U anytime soon. I'm most eager for the soundtrack though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChaosBlue View Post
    From what I'm seeing the 3DS version is the more favored version.
    Portable version always the most favored, heh. =P

Pudding!!

I think it was like that with Generations too.

Blog Entries

At least from what I'm seeing the reviews are from mixed/average to good. So that's an ok sign I would think?
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew

Quote Originally Posted by BluePuyo View Post
    I'm surprised about the reception of Lost World so far. I saw some scores and, to be honest, I didn't expect them to be THAT low.
    No? I take it you really enjoyed it when you played it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    No? I take it you really enjoyed it when you played it?
    Where are you getting at?

I'm just surprised that the game in the end didn't meet expectations after all the hype it had, that's all. The low scores shows that is an average game. I fail to see what was wrong in what I said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by mtwinny View Post
    At least from what I'm seeing the reviews are from mixed/average to good. So that's an ok sign I would think?
    I wonder how would take it SEGA. This time is the Sonic gameplay that takes the score down, unlike past games with the alternate ones.
    Last edited by BluePuyo; 20-10-2013 at 05:48.

Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I didn't see that coming but I probably should have known.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of Lost World ever since I saw the first few screenshots of it. I can't pinpoint exactly what it was but perhaps maybe I didn't like it because of my inner fanboy who thought it looked way too cartoony. Though who am I kidding, I've already mentioned how Sonic games don't attract me anymore because of the dull story.

That said though, again, I should have known. Past few sonic games were doing so good. Unleashed, Colors and Generations was a step in the right direction and the new boost platforming mechanic proved to be successful for Sonic. (Of course, not so much Unleashed but nevertheless, it was still a step to the right direction.) I just don't understand why SEGA decided to drop the Boost running platforming style of gameplay in favor for trying something new. Sega's tried "something new" so many times and nearly all the time, it failed. So why fix what isn't broken? Why not improve on the hedgehog engine and it's gameplay style instead of trying this new parkour system and let the reviews hit you like a brick wall.

In the end, this game feels like Sonic just crashed back onto the Unleashed days.

Blog Entries

from what i've read the previews were pretty good because the game doesn't really show the cracks until later levels.

Blog Entries

The Unleashed formula, while was improving with Generations, was getting a bit stale. I welcome this new gameplay style. But they just shouldn't drop it. Especially the parkour mechanic; improve and refine.

And I think what Kaito was talking about is that if you enjoyed the game in your own right from a combination of playing it at some expo/actually looking at gameplay videos and whatnot, then what's going to stop your from enjoying it yourself? I really don't take much consideration in reviews these days anyway personally.

Blog Entries

Given this game was on a brand new console with a new gameplay mechanic (the GamePad) I can see if SEGA wanted to continue on the Wii U they can improve on what went wrong.
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew

Blog Entries

The game doesn't even us the gamepad though. It doesn't even look to be a massive departure from Colours, they just added a dumb gimmick (surprise surprise)