How would you feel about a NiGHTS game...

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Did you guys never get to the last level? *spoilers* By the end of the game you play as the kids instead of Nights.
Tic Tac, sir?
~G~
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ~G~ »

Killer French Bread wrote:Did you guys never get to the last level? *spoilers* By the end of the game you play as the kids instead of Nights.
Yeah true. Freaking loved that last level ;0)

And you could actually complete the levels as the kids, with a lot of effort and crazy jumping skills. (You could still collect the blue orbs and destroy the baddies).

I won't say the kids weren't essential to the game's plot, because they obviously were.
- But the essence of the game and gameplay was NiGHTS-focused.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Trying to complete the levels as the kids...jesus that was hard. I tried it once and kept getting caught by the egg timers.

Did you automatically turn into NiGHTS for the boss levels, or did the game effectively break itself at that point? XD
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Gavvie, I believe by the time you finish the last 'mare' \ lap in the level and return the last Ideya to the start that the game just recognises you've completed enough laps to free NiGHT's and send you to fight the boss. I had Christmas NiGHT's for ages before I got the full game and played the bejeezus out of it, and as I was always one to try and break games I have a recollection that it didn't work and I still got to fight Gillwing properly. On another note, I would be interested in any form of new NiGHT's release - I think it could be pretty cool with current-gen hardware, imagine the epic bosses, set-pieces, vibrant level design (destructible and reformable terrain, maybe randomisation and multiple path-ways like Burning Rangers)... PS - Apologies for the wall of text, seem to be having a problem with line-breaks at the moment
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.

SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

I'm not all that crazy on a new NiGHTS game, but it would be cool notheless. The XBLA version of the classic Saturn game is enough for me currently. I mean, didn't we get NiGHTS on the WII?
To be this good takes AGES, to be this good takes SEGA!
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

With the Nights.. that would be an interesting divide. It does open a lot of possibilities with storytelling. Maybe an origin or how time itself seems to shift with generations. =D
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

SonicFan wrote:I mean, didn't we get NiGHTS on the WII?

....yeahhhh. Not a great game, that one. Was nice to see the franchise get some recognition, but it could've been a little better than it actually was.
ZonicZoneCop
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ZonicZoneCop »

Gavvie wrote:....yeahhhh. Not a great game, that one. Was nice to see the franchise get some recognition, but it could've been a little better than it actually was.
Hey, I personally liked it~ It had a lot of heart.
Float like a bulldozer
SEGA Red Wolf
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SEGA Red Wolf »

A NiGHTS game focused on Nightmaren would have to be a prequel right? Without the dreamers then there wouldn't be much for them to do. It could possibly focus on NiGHTS and his/her eventual betrayal of Wiseman and how it effected the others, including Reala and Jackle. I'd buy it~
SEGA Madness Stream: Join us for happy time! - http://www.twitch.tv/wolfpackcomms
sega_lover2009
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sega_lover2009 »

How about instead its a origin story about how nights and reala became