Metal Gear Solid 5

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Metal Gear Solid 5

Post by Reknoc »

The whole ride towards MGS5's announcement is so weird. They already showed Ground Zeroes, and it looked amazing, then they come out with some bizarre trailer for The Phantom Pain by some fake swedish company which flashes MGS5 briefly, have an interview with he ceo of said fake swedish company and now they've announced MGS5 is The Phantom Pain and it's also Ground Zeroes.

The fuck Kojima.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:The whole ride towards MGS5's announcement is so weird. They already showed Ground Zeroes, and it looked amazing, then they come out with some bizarre trailer for The Phantom Pain by some fake swedish company which flashes MGS5 briefly, have an interview with he ceo of said fake swedish company and now they've announced MGS5 is The Phantom Pain and it's also Ground Zeroes.

The fuck Kojima.
I honestly don't think Kojima gives a damn any more. I think he'd rather move on past Metal Gear onto something else, but Konami know that MG is one of their few money spinners.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Let's be honest - the eventual MGS5 reveal was so much more interesting than them just going "HEY LOOK MGS5!"

I wasn't expecting Ground Zeroes AND Phantom Pain to be MGS5 though.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:I honestly don't think Kojima gives a damn any more. I think he'd rather move on past Metal Gear onto something else, but Konami know that MG is one of their few money spinners.
"Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in." - That's pretty much it with Kojima and this whole development of MGS5 isn't?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:I honestly don't think Kojima gives a damn any more. I think he'd rather move on past Metal Gear onto something else, but Konami know that MG is one of their few money spinners.
That seems to be the popular theory but I still think he honestly rikes it. By now surely he'd be big enough to leave Konami if he so felt like it.

unless...

working with platinum is his step to leaving konami and joining them!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Reknoc wrote:That seems to be the popular theory but I still think he honestly rikes it. By now surely he'd be big enough to leave Konami if he so felt like it.

unless...

working with platinum is his step to leaving konami and joining them!
That would be amazing. -bow's to the greatness that is Platinum-

I'm loving the way it looks tho. Dont think it would look that good on PS3 or 360
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:I still think he honestly rikes it.
...I'm having flashbacks to that last time you and I had a conversation about Hideo Kojima and "rike".

Poor(/lucky?) Takanori...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:...I'm having flashbacks to that last time you and I had a conversation about Hideo Kojima and "rike".

Poor(/lucky?) Takanori...
Lucky, Kojima is hot.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Lucky, Kojima is hot.
Fair point. I know I would.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

David Hayter may not be returning as Solid Snake http://kotaku.com/beloved-solid-snake-v ... -461256492