The North Korean Situation

What it says on the tin...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

TheChaosBlue wrote:That is what a majority of people is hoping. Last thing we would want is the West getting into first fire, then China getting involved...oh boy.
Hasn't China agreed to help the USA solve things peacefully together?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:Hasn't China agreed to help the USA solve things peacefully together?
Oh yes; overlooked that.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I can see Iran probably getting involved as well, considering them and their nuclear issues with America. Though hopefully not.

And Australia... They'll be in the allies side yet again.
Jeeble
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jeeble »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I can see Iran probably getting involved as well, considering them and their nuclear issues with America. Though hopefully not.

And Australia... They'll be in the allies side yet again.
You people have quite an imagination.
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

Don't we have a series of Interceptors along the coast to protect from any missles in close proximity?
To be this good takes AGES, to be this good takes SEGA!
Jeeble
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jeeble »

SonicFan wrote:Don't we have a series of Interceptors along the coast to protect from any missles in close proximity?
Yes, but I think they said that it doesn't work well.
~G~
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ~G~ »

Gonic wrote:Hasn't China agreed to help the USA solve things peacefully together?
I think that's the one thing keeping me from panicking. With China being N.Korea's biggest and most powerfull ally - it kind of eases the possibility of the situation turning to war, when China says it going to help the U.N to try and stop Kim Jong-Un.

From what I've read/heard Kim Jong-Un is basically trying to impress his military and population by throwing his weight around. Being so young and in charge, it's like he's got something to prove to his country.

Of course, he could prove something to both his country and the world if he tried to sort out the unstable politics of the nation and calm tensions between S.Korea and America. But, I guess he opted to go the other way and try to start a war :huh:
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

When they make a threat, at least accurately know of where to strike.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0 ... ccurately/

Also, seems the U.S are trying to reason with Chinese government officials to aid with easing North Korea into calmer waters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/14/world ... =all&_r=2&
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

North korea is about as much of a threat to the west as Alvin and the Chipmonks. I think people are just getting excited about a classic cold war kind of nuclear apocalypse story complete with bond style super villain leading it.
Tic Tac, sir?
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

KC wrote:The opposition is irrelevant. If they launch a nuclear missile it will destroy a large area and kill many people. They can lose the war later but the damage itself will be done. :-/
I couldn't agree more.

Kim Jong-Un is playing with fire no doubt but like kaito said he could be just running his mouth.