SEGATHON 2: Raising Money for Cancer Research UK

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

SEGATHON 2: Raising Money for Cancer Research UK

Post by Gavvie »

Should've made this sooner, I know. Sorry!

BUT - We're back in the fundraising business! After an extended absence (SEGATHON 2 was originally due in November 2012), it's back and raising money for even bigger charity than 2011s Children in Need.

This coming Saturday (that's 4th May) at 10pm UK Time, we'll be raising money for Cancer Research UK, one of the UK's leading research charities into this terrible disease. It's a personal endeavour for me, as my close family have had dealings with cancer, and it's also a way to aid in researching ways to stop it affecting the lives of millions of other people. It may be a UK based charity, but any breakthrough that is found will benefit everyone.

So where do you come in? It's simple - tune in to the live stream, enjoy hearing me put myself through the ringer (AGAIN) and donate money via our JustGiving page, which we'll talk more about on Friday.

I also like to thank you guys for helping me raise cash - so we're once again holding the SEGATHON Raffle, and this time it's even bigger! The list of prizes we've got so far eclipses the 2011 effort, and there's still a couple more days to go! To get your name in the prize draw, donate £5 or more and leave your RadioSEGA Member Name or a Twitter username, so that if you win I can get in contact with you. Simple! We'll be announcing our near-final list of raffle prizes on Wednesday along with a couple more bits and bobs, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

And that's it! I'm going to use the post below this one to share the links we're getting from the outside community. Feel free to discuss the event yourselves, whether or not you're excited - stuff like that.

It's go time! :D
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

-SEGATHON 2 AROUND THE NET-

Swiftor's GameOn Network (Thanks TallGuy91!)
SEGA Nerds
A Man of Hats on Fire (Thanks Shadid!)
The Sonic Stadium

Checking links daily, will update when more arrive!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I wonder if sites like Retro, SEGA Bits and Sega Addicts got word of this too. I'd figure they did.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

In the forum this thread is listed as "Raising Money for Cancer".

I was somewhat confused for a moment: "Aren't we batting for the wrong side here?!"
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Are you gonna play that song where it says 'I'm as serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer'?
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

What, Rhythm is a Dancer by Snap!?

I wasn't going to, but I could, now you mention it...
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Killer French Bread wrote:Are you gonna play that song where it says 'I'm as serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer'?
One word: WIN.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I actually found a version of the song a few months back which had taken that entire rap section out.

I was devastated :(
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:In the forum this thread is listed as "Raising Money for Cancer".

I was somewhat confused for a moment: "Aren't we batting for the wrong side here?!"
Yeah the title is saying that. It can be a bit confusing huh.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

That's obviously just the cutoff point for the browser. The full title is showing up fine here.

Anyway, just because I can't be arsed to write out the full list again - We have Raffle Prizes.

Any catching your eye?