Xbox One

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Hey guys and gals. Been....two or so days since I was here. Incident happened, but that's for another time. Do you know that the Xbox One won't be backwards compatible? This article says so: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/05/22/ ... uffer94b3f ...and here's the kicker, from Microsoft's own Don Mattrick:
“If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards,”
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

So by his own reckoning the 360 is "backwards" because that has B/C yet the PS3 doesn't (for the most part).
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Well it's really looking like the PS4 will win this gen.
Though in my opinion this gen as a whole seems disappointing.
Because four days after a system's announcement decides the fate for the next five or so years?
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

PS4 and Xbox One are trying to outshit themselves while Wii U is just shitting all over the place....Yeahhhhh, I may just stick with my 3DS, computer and XBOX 360.

(I would also like to state that half of Xbox One's release games are sports games. Don't we play video games just to try and get away from sports, not play them virtually? I also would like to state that "watching my TV" dosen't have anything to do with gaming. This console is also alienating people who don't have constant internet. In order to save, you need the god damn internet!)
Xbox, go home.
To be this good takes AGES, to be this good takes SEGA!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Because four days after a system's announcement decides the fate for the next five or so years?
No I just mean for the consoles alone, only games can save them now. Whilst in previous gens just the console features and specs alone were enough to please you and think "this sounds like a good system".
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Because four days after a system's announcement decides the fate for the next five or so years?
Announcing it to be as anti-consumer as possible, following up a non-existent few years, and outright insulting people doesn't really help. Sadly gaming is shit, and no doubt the One will somehow end up being the market leader despite not deserving it.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Reknoc wrote:Announcing it to be as anti-consumer as possible, following up a non-existent few years, and outright insulting people doesn't really help. Sadly gaming is shit, and no doubt the One will somehow end up being the market leader despite not deserving it.
Some of the news comments I've heard already suggest the One will be best seller of the 2 consoles.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Some of the news comments I've heard already suggest the One will be best seller of the 2 consoles.
Then those consumers are the types that go for TV SPORTS TV SPORTS WATERCOOLER SPORTS TV TV than games then.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Amazon announced that the Wii U jumped 875% in sales after Microsoft announced the Xbox One.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

RWDebara wrote:Amazon announced that the Wii U jumped 875% in sales after Microsoft announced the Xbox One.
BHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

erm...

Wow that's something. And it's not even E3 yet.