Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
DTxHero21
Level 1
Level 1
Location: Scranton, PA, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, the Milky Way

Post by DTxHero21 »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Kinda sad to see her be the last downloadable character though. I'd loved to see the roster keep on expanding. In fact I kind of don't get why they stopped. I'm sure there was continuous money to be had by releasing more.
I believe the mentality is, "Oh rats, we filled up the character roster screen! Now there's no more space to put any more character icons. Oh well!" But they could make a "page 2" to the character select screen at the touch of a button, one that could easily replace one of the character icons (in turn placing that character on the 2nd screen.) Or else put all the guest characters into a single icon, in much the same style as the Mii Fighter icon (which I admit would be a bit cumbersome, but it would open up a handful of slots.)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Well it's been a little while since Bayonetta and Corrin been downloadable. Has anyone played as them yet? What do you think of them? For me with Bayonetta she has some serious combo potential. Witch Time is a killer if you can play it right on opponents and her air game isn't that bad. She not sluggish in control either, which is a plus for me since I like characters with a bit of speed to them.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

All I can say is fuck counter ability characters.

and who the FUCK is Shulk?!
Click to reveal
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Counter characters are the best though. I mean, look at Corrin's counter! Best one in-game overall, and this is coming from a Ryu main.

And about the DLC characters, I read an article on EventHubs and it makes sense the DLC development is ceasing. If they kept adding more IPs to Smash, the next iterations wuldn't have the same WOW factor that Smash for Wii U/3DS had, especially with Cloud, Ryu, Bayonetta and some Melee veterans. So I'm sad that the DLC is over, yes, but at the same time, I'm happy. :D
I live here now!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shadid wrote:Counter characters are the best though. I mean, look at Corrin's counter! Best one in-game overall, and this is coming from a Ryu main.

And about the DLC characters, I read an article on EventHubs and it makes sense the DLC development is ceasing. If they kept adding more IPs to Smash, the next iterations wuldn't have the same WOW factor that Smash for Wii U/3DS had, especially with Cloud, Ryu, Bayonetta and some Melee veterans. So I'm sad that the DLC is over, yes, but at the same time, I'm happy. :D
After how stacked this roster came out to be, they're gonna really need to bring the punches with next Smash roster.

Mario, Sonic, Pikachu, Pac Man, Mega Man, Bayonetta, Cloud, Ryu, Mewtwo, Dr Mario, Roy...there are still some good selection of characters that still didn't make the cut but still.