Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I hope they add more to Brawl from the sonic franchise than "just Sonic". I'd like to see another sonic character (maybe knuckles or Shadow) or maybe have Eggman as one of the bosses.
I personally don't think "more" is necessary. Just Sonic is enough. There will probably be some cameos just like in Brawl though.
I was kinda surprised they included the hedgehog in the first place although it's clearly a good decision in terms of getting more sales.
As for Eggman as one of the bosses, what makes you think there will be bosses? There probably won't be any kind of story mode this time. Or have I missed something? I haven't been paying that much attention to SBB.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

It looks like his attacks does more knockback, but we can't be for certain.

And no for more Sonic characters besides him. That would kinda give his series more special treatment than it needs to have. I can see at least two stages for him though.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

KC wrote:I personally don't think "more" is necessary. Just Sonic is enough. There will probably be some cameos just like in Brawl though.
I was kinda surprised they included the hedgehog in the first place although it's clearly a good decision in terms of getting more sales.
As for Eggman as one of the bosses, what makes you think there will be bosses? There probably won't be any kind of story mode this time. Or have I missed something? I haven't been paying that much attention to SBB.
I kinda get your point but I don't see the need to have a story mode just to have bosses. I'm sure bosses could be added just for the hell of it.

In the end though really, I just want all characters to be... unique. A lot of characters in SSBB seemed to have the exact same moves with the exception of their final smashes or something. Best examples would be Link and Toon link or Fox, Falco and Wolf. I'm all for more characters (specifically Sonic ones) but if the characters are going to be identical, just with a different look, they might as well just be costumes.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

i'm not a big fan of clone characters in smash, but they're not identical. like modern mario & luigi
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I don't want a lot of third party characters, one character from one company is enough. Im still expecting one more character from Namco since they're helping with the game but that's it.

I don't mind some clone characters since I can't really think of any other Nintendo characters to add except probably secondary characters like Dixie. As long as they're not exactly the same im fine. My main concern is balancing. Too many characters were too weak or too cheap in brawl compared to melee.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Little Mac from "Punch-Out!!!" announced as a playable character:

[youtube]46TP7GR-2_M[/youtube]
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Looks like he's more of a grounded character; not many shots of him in the air. With that said, he is from a game where there's no air combat at all xD

Oh, you say he has a possible one-hit KO move that' NOT a Meteor Smash?
IllusDark8
Level 2
Level 2

Post by IllusDark8 »

I'm looking very forward to this game.
Seeing as I have a Wii U now and a 3DS, I'll be getting both. :)
Some Podcasts I Do:
ImageImage
Other Shows Include:
Game Freaks LiVE | The Illusion
3DS Friend Code - 0602-6399-0321
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

THe main thing I noticed from that trailer was that little bar on the top of the character's percentage icon. What was that? Was that bar only exclusive to Little Mac and his uppercut special or will all characters have this little bar for some special.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:THe main thing I noticed from that trailer was that little bar on the top of the character's percentage icon. What was that? Was that bar only exclusive to Little Mac and his uppercut special or will all characters have this little bar for some special.
Exclusive to Little Mac