Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

I like the fact that they want to include different formats to add more interest to the series. So there could be some surprises included as unlockables along the way.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I like how the 3DS version has levels from handheld games and Wii U version has levels from home console games. I wonder if they'll do that with other stuff too. Like assist trophies and etc.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I would have preferred cross-play tbh. Sakurai saying that cross-play isn't in because of the each versions exclusive stages just makes me think what he means is they found it too hard to do and so they added exclusive stages to make up for it.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

It's not even funny anymore, thinking about how behind the times Nintendo are when it comes to this sort of thing. If Sony can do it with relative ease with PS3/PS4 & PS Vita, then how come Ninty can't manage it with the Wii U and 3DS, especially when 3rd party devs found a way of doing it with Wii and DS?
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

It could very well be a test subject, and could be used in the final product. I don't believe they've realized how much potential that the 3DS truly is capable of. It would make sense to push it more for a crossover title. Nice one Gavvie, hope it gets addressed ASAP
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:It's not even funny anymore, thinking about how behind the times Nintendo are when it comes to this sort of thing. If Sony can do it with relative ease with PS3/PS4 & PS Vita, then how come Ninty can't manage it with the Wii U and 3DS, especially when 3rd party devs found a way of doing it with Wii and DS?
How many games have Sony done it with exactly, off the top of my head I can only thing of Playstation All-Stars. It's not a common thing for whatever reason. I know Arcsys was going to do it with BlazBlue but that never came to anything. Shame really since I'm pretty sure Monster Hunter 3U did have it.
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VideoGameNerd2055 »

So in the recent days of searches on the internet about updates about games that are coming to retailers in the next few months, Sonic the Hedgehog was announced as the newest fighter returning from the previous effort from Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. What do you guys think about the announcement and do you think this is the last game in the SEGA/Nintendo partnership deal? Leave all of your responses below and remember, no rude comments or bringing down other people.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

It's good to see Sonic joining the game again. Although unlike Megaman, I wasn't surprised with the reveal to be honest. I saw it coming with the deal of their partnership. And about this, there's still one game unannounced, right? I don't think this game apply overall.

This time I hope they work in his stats more. He seemed too weak in Brawl.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I hope they add more to Brawl from the sonic franchise than "just Sonic". I'd like to see another sonic character (maybe knuckles or Shadow) or maybe have Eggman as one of the bosses.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Hopefully Sonic will be used better this time. In Brawl it was so easy to to tell he was a last-minute add-in.