Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I wouldn't expect many more third party characters judging from this article: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e ... smash-bros
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

"Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case."

So in Megaman's case this is a 'very special case' and both parties needed to 100% on adding the character. As far as 'no more third party characters' I got that impression that is was Namco Bandai who won't be adding one of their own in the game.

I do agree that this game shouldn't be over-saturated with too many third-party characters. We already have one in MM; I think maaaaaaaaaaaybe one more could fit. And that may be Sonic himself.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I really wouldn't bet too much on seeing Sonic return. Also, the solo campaign might not be that exciting.
As for characters, I think they'll add a bunch more of Ninty's and one or two third party, tops. Sonic? I don't know. I think Bayonetta or anything Platinum is more likely to happen.
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

BurningFlame2010 wrote:Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver were in Brawl.
Shadow was a assist trophy, the rest were cameo appearances on the greenhill zone stage
Team Blaze Racing
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It sounds like he's interested in at least adding one Bamco character. Though, none of their characters really have any particular history with Nintendo that I can think of.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Bloody hell...Less than one page it took for this thread to turn into another "O.M.G. SONIC AND FRIENDS!" thread. I hope Sonic doesn't return. Let's face it; he was rubbish in Brawl. He really was. His inclusion felt very rushed and last minute.

Too many third party characters ruins the impact of them, you know? A part of me hopes that Megaman will be the only one this time around: He suits the game better than any other non-Nintendo character I can imagine. (And even more so that many included Nintendo characters.)
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Nintendo won't add too many, it'll be 2-3 my guess.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Kaito-kun wrote:Bloody hell...Less than one page it took for this thread to turn into another "O.M.G. SONIC AND FRIENDS!" thread. I hope Sonic doesn't return. Let's face it; he was rubbish in Brawl. He really was. His inclusion felt very rushed and last minute.
He was my main :'(
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Bloody hell...Less than one page it took for this thread to turn into another "O.M.G. SONIC AND FRIENDS!" thread. I hope Sonic doesn't return. Let's face it; he was rubbish in Brawl. He really was. His inclusion felt very rushed and last minute.

Too many third party characters ruins the impact of them, you know? A part of me hopes that Megaman will be the only one this time around: He suits the game better than any other non-Nintendo character I can imagine. (And even more so that many included Nintendo characters.)
What do you expect? The first mention after Megaman was shown automatically Sonic's name was thrown in as a possible second-party character. And uh yeah, his inclusion was kinda last minute but he wasn't terrible bad.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I could never stomach Brawl enough to jump through all the hoops required to unlock Sonic. Hope they don't repeat the same bullshit for Megaman, or at least make an actual good game this time.