Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Scranton, PA, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, the Milky Way

Lightbulb The (Probable) Reason for the Cessation of Creating Additional Characters for Smash

Quote Originally Posted by Quills on Wheels View Post
    Kinda sad to see her be the last downloadable character though. I'd loved to see the roster keep on expanding. In fact I kind of don't get why they stopped. I'm sure there was continuous money to be had by releasing more.
    I believe the mentality is, "Oh rats, we filled up the character roster screen! Now there's no more space to put any more character icons. Oh well!" But they could make a "page 2" to the character select screen at the touch of a button, one that could easily replace one of the character icons (in turn placing that character on the 2nd screen.) Or else put all the guest characters into a single icon, in much the same style as the Mii Fighter icon (which I admit would be a bit cumbersome, but it would open up a handful of slots.)

Well it's been a little while since Bayonetta and Corrin been downloadable. Has anyone played as them yet? What do you think of them? For me with Bayonetta she has some serious combo potential. Witch Time is a killer if you can play it right on opponents and her air game isn't that bad. She not sluggish in control either, which is a plus for me since I like characters with a bit of speed to them.

Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar

All I can say is fuck counter ability characters.

and who the FUCK is Shulk?!

Click to reveal

Counter characters are the best though. I mean, look at Corrin's counter! Best one in-game overall, and this is coming from a Ryu main.

And about the DLC characters, I read an article on EventHubs and it makes sense the DLC development is ceasing. If they kept adding more IPs to Smash, the next iterations wuldn't have the same WOW factor that Smash for Wii U/3DS had, especially with Cloud, Ryu, Bayonetta and some Melee veterans. So I'm sad that the DLC is over, yes, but at the same time, I'm happy. :D
    I live here now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadid View Post
    Counter characters are the best though. I mean, look at Corrin's counter! Best one in-game overall, and this is coming from a Ryu main.

And about the DLC characters, I read an article on EventHubs and it makes sense the DLC development is ceasing. If they kept adding more IPs to Smash, the next iterations wuldn't have the same WOW factor that Smash for Wii U/3DS had, especially with Cloud, Ryu, Bayonetta and some Melee veterans. So I'm sad that the DLC is over, yes, but at the same time, I'm happy. :D
    After how stacked this roster came out to be, they're gonna really need to bring the punches with next Smash roster.

Mario, Sonic, Pikachu, Pac Man, Mega Man, Bayonetta, Cloud, Ryu, Mewtwo, Dr Mario, Roy...there are still some good selection of characters that still didn't make the cut but still.