Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I wouldn't expect many more third party characters judging from this article: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/1...per-smash-bros

"Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case."

So in Megaman's case this is a 'very special case' and both parties needed to 100% on adding the character. As far as 'no more third party characters' I got that impression that is was Namco Bandai who won't be adding one of their own in the game.

I do agree that this game shouldn't be over-saturated with too many third-party characters. We already have one in MM; I think maaaaaaaaaaaybe one more could fit. And that may be Sonic himself.

I really wouldn't bet too much on seeing Sonic return. Also, the solo campaign might not be that exciting.
    As for characters, I think they'll add a bunch more of Ninty's and one or two third party, tops. Sonic? I don't know. I think Bayonetta or anything Platinum is more likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningFlame2010 View Post
    Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver were in Brawl.
    Shadow was a assist trophy, the rest were cameo appearances on the greenhill zone stage
    Team Blaze Racing

It sounds like he's interested in at least adding one Bamco character. Though, none of their characters really have any particular history with Nintendo that I can think of.

Bloody hell...Less than one page it took for this thread to turn into another "O.M.G. SONIC AND FRIENDS!" thread. I hope Sonic doesn't return. Let's face it; he was rubbish in Brawl. He really was. His inclusion felt very rushed and last minute.

Too many third party characters ruins the impact of them, you know? A part of me hopes that Megaman will be the only one this time around: He suits the game better than any other non-Nintendo character I can imagine. (And even more so that many included Nintendo characters.)

Pudding!!

Nintendo won't add too many, it'll be 2-3 my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    Bloody hell...Less than one page it took for this thread to turn into another "O.M.G. SONIC AND FRIENDS!" thread. I hope Sonic doesn't return. Let's face it; he was rubbish in Brawl. He really was. His inclusion felt very rushed and last minute.
    He was my main :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post

Too many third party characters ruins the impact of them, you know? A part of me hopes that Megaman will be the only one this time around: He suits the game better than any other non-Nintendo character I can imagine. (And even more so that many included Nintendo characters.)
    What do you expect? The first mention after Megaman was shown automatically Sonic's name was thrown in as a possible second-party character. And uh yeah, his inclusion was kinda last minute but he wasn't terrible bad.

I could never stomach Brawl enough to jump through all the hoops required to unlock Sonic. Hope they don't repeat the same bullshit for Megaman, or at least make an actual good game this time.