Which Sonic game do you miss the most?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Awwww yeah this is happenin!

Sorry.
I guess it's an annual thing here now so once a year I can deal with.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:I guess it's an annual thing here now so once a year I can deal with.
Maybe we should just make a dedicate thread for it? Keep 'em all penned in together.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

oh give us a break. We're simply debating sonic related matter in a sonic related thread. I don't see what seems to be wrong about it if it's a friendly debate. :P

And yes, we are talking about our favorite Sonic games, currently speaking our opinions on which one probably had the better story.

As for Gonic, as far as my opinions go regarding Colours, Generations and the others you thought were good, I (obviously) would not share the same opinion. I guess for me, Colours and all the other new ones are just really simple stories. Eggman does something to destroy the world and Sonic has to stop it. There is of course some new thing like time travel added to it but never the less, it's the same formula. Just like Mario's never ending quest for Saving the Princess. Always the same thing.
Of course you could argue that SA1 and 2 were the same and I wouldn't deny that. But they had so much more depth in the things Eggman did. The plots expanded to so much more than why they originally were. With SA1 pulling in a great deal of the echidna history into the story instead of just a simple monster of destruction and SA2 taking in an entire plot that up to this date I still find very enjoyable and somewhat unique (correct me if I'm wrong.). And like ChaosBlue said, their darkness did not go as far as SHth and 06 to make the story less enjoyable.
I find the script and plot for Sonic Colors and the likes is fitting, but that means it's simple. Nowhere near the thought the Sonic Adventure games had in them.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Actually it's about which game you miss, I don't think that specifically requires it to be your favourite.

I don't really miss any game (see my first post in this thread) but I do miss the continuity Sonic 3 had. Like, it wasn't just "now sonics in this completely unrelated to the last zone", at the end of the zone something would happen to Sonic that would and that would continue at the start of the next stage. Like, at the end of angel island zone knuckles destroys a bridge under sonic and he falls down into hydrocity zone. It's neat and so few games ever bother to do that.

edit: and that's real video game writing. More is not always better, especially when Sonic is involved.

[quote="Quills on Wheels"]oh give us a break. We're simply debating sonic related matter in a sonic related thread. I don't see what seems to be wrong about it if it's a friendly debate. :P

And yes, we are talking about our favorite Sonic games, currently speaking our opinions on which one probably had the better story.

As for Gonic, as far as my opinions go regarding Colours, Generations and the others you thought were good, I (obviously) would not share the same opinion. I guess for me, Colours and all the other new ones are just really simple stories. Eggman does something to destroy the world and Sonic has to stop it. There is of course some new thing like time travel added to it but never the less, it's the same formula. Just like Mario's never ending quest for Saving the Princess. Always the same thing.
Of course you could argue that SA1 and 2 were the same and I wouldn't deny that. But they had so much more depth in the things Eggman did. The plots expanded to so much more than why they originally were. With SA1 pulling in a great deal of the echidna history into the story instead of just a simple monster of destruction and SA2 taking in an entire plot that up to this date I still find very enjoyable and somewhat unique (correct me if I'm wrong.). And like ChaosBlue said, their darkness did not go as far as SHth and 06 to make the story less enjoyable.
I find the script and plot for Sonic Colors and the likes is fitting, but that means it's simple. Nowhere near the thought the Sonic Adventure games had in them.[/quote]

The idea that anyone put any thought into writing the Sonic Adventure games is quite depressing.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Maybe we should just make a dedicate thread for it? Keep 'em all penned in together.
A thread just for debating?
Quills on Wheels wrote:oh give us a break.
Only if you bribe me.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Dr Shaneman wrote:A thread just for debating?
Aren't half the purpose of forums to discuss and debate?

Dr Shaneman wrote:Only if you bribe me.
...free hugs?
aziz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aziz »

i wish if they make sonic game like sonic CD it had very good map design and awesome soundtrack , i loved the D-pad up and A move
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

sonic 1-3k on megadrive, i have a cycle where i will play 1-3k then leave it a few months and ill get a craving and go back and complete them again... i have done it countless times since their release and that has been since 1992 (when i got sonic 1-2) and i dont see myself stopping anytime soon lol
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

baraka6 wrote:sonic 1-3k on megadrive, i have a cycle where i will play 1-3k then leave it a few months and ill get a craving and go back and complete them again... i have done it countless times since their release and that has been since 1992 (when i got sonic 1-2) and i dont see myself stopping anytime soon lol

Sounds like me and Sonic Adventure 1. :P
SONIC123
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SONIC123 »

I really loved sonic adventure dx on the gamecube. I really liked the music in the game.