Which Sonic game do you miss the most?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

the only thing i miss about sonic adventure is the chao garden, but sonic adventure doesn't need to return for SEGA to bring that back. They could put it in just about any game, or hell have it stand alone on ios or something.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:the only thing i miss about sonic adventure is the chao garden, but sonic adventure doesn't need to return for SEGA to bring that back. They could put it in just about any game, or hell have it stand alone on ios or something.
'They' brought it back in Chronicles. And half-assed it to hell. Teehee. ​Iknowthat'snotwhatyou'retalkingabout.

If this was a thing for Nintendo eShop too, I would get it.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

If I may also join in on this debate regarding Sonic Adventure, I'd start with the question that started it.
Gonic wrote:I'll never understand why people want another Sonic Adventure. They were goo but SA2 was very meh. The only stages i liked from SA2 ere sonic and shadows. Rogue and Knuckles were abousuetly awful and the mech shooting stages were just meh. These seem to be common compliant of SA2 as well.
I guess if you were to ask me, I think my personal important reason for wanting an SA3 and thinking of the Sonic Adventure games as one of the best in the series is the good and well written story. SA1 and SA2 featured probably the best written stories in the franchise. It wasn't just Eggman doing something and Sonic saving the day like the rest of the games. No. It had dark themes. It had back story and development on the characters(Something we don't see anymore.) and it had its twists that made you go all like "wtf". Well at least for me anyway. I'm sorry if it doesn't apply to you.

I guess the last time we saw a story like that was in 06 where perhaps they tried too hard to create a good story, they ended up fucking it all up and probably figured out they messed up so changed the ending or something so that it all never happened.

But in the end, that doesn't change the fact on how good the stories for the SA games were. Of course, that was my main reason. It also stands that Sonic Adventure had some pretty nice gameplay(exception being Big) and also the gameplay STYLE. Where you could free-roam around the map and such.

That style of gameplay was of course re-used in 06 but enough of that. I think we all get it already that 06 was a Sonic Adventure game done wrong.

EDIT: SO yeah, an SA2 would be nice y'know? Having a story that would focus on the background of a character and their past? Perhaps throw in a couple of plot twists as well as an epic ending which we sorta didn't see coming? And also, perhaps some other playable characters other than Sonic. I mean, don't kill me but surely I'm not the only one who's getting tired of playing as JUST Sonic in the past few games... right?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I guess if you were to ask me, I think my personal important reason for wanting an SA3 and thinking of the Sonic Adventure games as one of the best in the series is the good and well written story. SA1 and SA2 featured probably the best written stories in the franchise.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Quills on Wheels wrote:If I may also join in on this debate regarding Sonic Adventure, I'd start with the question that started it.

I guess if you were to ask me, I think my personal important reason for wanting an SA3 and thinking of the Sonic Adventure games as one of the best in the series is the good and well written story. SA1 and SA2 featured probably the best written stories in the franchise. It wasn't just Eggman doing something and Sonic saving the day like the rest of the games. No. It had dark themes. It had back story and development on the characters(Something we don't see anymore.) and it had its twists that made you go all like "wtf". Well at least for me anyway. I'm sorry if it doesn't apply to you.

I guess the last time we saw a story like that was in 06 where perhaps they tried too hard to create a good story, they ended up fucking it all up and probably figured out they messed up so changed the ending or something so that it all never happened.

But in the end, that doesn't change the fact on how good the stories for the SA games were. Of course, that was my main reason. It also stands that Sonic Adventure had some pretty nice gameplay(exception being Big) and also the gameplay STYLE. Where you could free-roam around the map and such.

That style of gameplay was of course re-used in 06 but enough of that. I think we all get it already that 06 was a Sonic Adventure game done wrong.

EDIT: SO yeah, an SA2 would be nice y'know? Having a story that would focus on the background of a character and their past? Perhaps throw in a couple of plot twists as well as an epic ending which we sorta didn't see coming? And also, perhaps some other playable characters other than Sonic. I mean, don't kill me but surely I'm not the only one who's getting tired of playing as JUST Sonic in the past few games... right?
I have to humbly disagree with you on this. As far as story in a sonic game is concerned, Sonic 1- 3, colours and generations had the best written stories as it was pretty much Eggman is doing bad stuff, go kick his ass. I also dont think sonic need t be dark, last time it did that we got Shadow the Hedgehog. SA1 and 2 were filled with very bad plot holes you can drive a truck through imo.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:I have to humbly disagree with you on this. As far as story in a sonic game is concerned, Sonic 1- 3, colours and generations had the best written stories as it was pretty much Eggman is doing bad stuff, go kick his ass. I also dont think sonic need t be dark, last time it did that we got Shadow the Hedgehog. SA1 and 2 were filled with very bad plot holes you can drive a truck through imo.
Generations is apart of being 'the best written stories' the series has seen? Sorry but...I have to humbly disagree with that. It was very barebones and there wasn't as much substance into making me invested in its story. In my opinion, the backbone of the plot was great, but there was nothing else to give it that extra 'oomph'. If it was given more to it in terms of what Colors gave us then I would say otherwise.

I would also like to add that at least SA1/SA2's stories didn't push the darkness factor into laughably terrible territory that ShTH and 2006 provided.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Not this again.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Generations is apart of being 'the best written stories' the series has seen? Sorry but...I have to humbly disagree with that. It was very barebones and there wasn't as much substance into making me invested in its story. In my opinion, the backbone of the plot was great, but there was nothing else to give it that extra 'oomph'. If it was given more to it in terms of what Colors gave us then I would say otherwise.

I would also like to add that at least SA1/SA2's stories didn't push the darkness factor into laughably terrible territory that ShTH and 2006 provided.
No worries man :P Entitled to your own opinion :D I understand your criticisms and see why you would think that.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Not this again.
Awwww yeah this is happenin!

Sorry.
SonicFan
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SonicFan »

Come on, guys. This thread is about your favorite Sonic game, not about if another Sonic Adventure should be made!
To be this good takes AGES, to be this good takes SEGA!