Game of the Month Show - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Game of the Month Show - Discussion Thread

Post by KC »

Hello all! It's your friendly neighbourhood KC!

Game of the Month has been a staple feature of the RadioSEGA website for a few years now. It started off with SegaMark, our founding father, writing or inviting other staff members to write something about one SEGA game each month. Later on, Gavvie picked up on it, after a long hiatus, and started to do it himself with some great games covered. Earlier this year, our previous head honcho agreed to pass over the reigns of GotM to myself.

What to do to take Game of the Month to the next level?

I decided to keep on doing a written feature but to also include a short video with gameplay and my own audio commentary. Plus, every month, I invite some guests from the SEGA community to share their experiences with the selected GotM.

However, we are, first of all, a radio station. So, we were missing out on one of the most important parts of every SEGA game: the soundtrack. So, after a suggestion from our new bossman, foreversonic, here I am, bringing the Game of the Month Show to the airwaves.

This month on the Game of the Month Show...

It's September and we chose Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse as our GotM. So, what to expect from the first episode of the Game of the Month Show?
I'm going to play you the soundtracks to both original versions of the game, the 16-bit and the 8-bit iterations.
BUT that's not all! I want you to be a part of the GotM Show.

So, starting now, you can send me your comments about Castle of Illusion. What do you think of it? Do you love it or should we kill it with fire? Have you played both versions or just one of them? Have you tried the remake that was released earlier this month?
You can write a short comment and send it to me or you can also record an audio message and I'll play it during the show.

You can use Twitter (@DJLuis_KC), write it here in our forums or send me your comment via email to kc[at]radiosega[dot]net.

After that, be sure to tune in to RadioSEGA next Monday, 16th September, at 8pm (UK time), for the live show. Hope to see you all there!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Olala a new show. Can't wait.

I have not played the game unfortunately.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

As mentioned yesterday during the show, it's up to you to choose the next Game of the Month. October will be a racing game month, so I'm giving you until next week (25th September) to vote for one of the four possible games to be covered next month.

Also, the podcast for the first episode of the Game of the Month Show is now available at RadioSEGA Media (download here). It was also submitted to iTunes so I'll edit this post when it's approved by Apple.

EDIT: iTunes link
OUTRUN 86
Level 1
Level 1

Post by OUTRUN 86 »

Poetry..... I'll take that as a complement lol.
Great to get involved....Castle of Illusion does have some great music!
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

OUTRUN 86 wrote:Poetry..... I'll take that as a complement lol.
Great to get involved....Castle of Illusion does have some great music!
I wonder what you voted for... Hehe!
Glad to have you here!
Bogard07
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Bogard07 »

Voted for Outrun. I love Daytona, but Outrun is far more iconic to me and I love it that much more.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

So far all but Virtua Racing Deluxe has gotten a vote.

Hmm...actually I should have voted for that as I haven't heard of this game.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Think Virtua Racing was the first 3D racing game that had the polygons shaded, or something. pretty big when it came out, had funny sienfeld style slap bass when you made the check points. Doesn't have much panache now though, it feels a bit empty compared to the 2D sega racers and their later 3D ones. A technical accomplishment squashed in the middle of their creative peaks.

I voted for Hang on as it gets over looked by Outrun quite a lot now. Both are amazing but I'd learn more from a Hang on retrospective.
Tic Tac, sir?
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Voted for the blu blu skais of Daytona USA. It was a great racer of the mid to late 90s that I haven't played until the late 2010s via arcade. It still has that nostalgic feel even though I wasn't able to play it back then.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

From a more personal point of view, all but Virtua Racing Deluxe have a special place in my heart. Maybe Super Hang-On first and Daytona second, with OutRun a bit behind the other two.
Virtua Racing Deluxe would be a nice game to cover though. One not many people know of.