Jet Set Radio

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

Jet Set Radio

Post by VideoGameNerd2055 »

Alright, I think it's time for SEGA to release a new Jet Set Radio game. These games have been signified as classics due to their infectious soundtracks and fun, engrossing gameplay along with a wonderful environment made better with the stylish use of cel-shaded graphics. This game must be on a SEGA console because I grew up with SEGA in the 90's and 2000's due to the Genesis, Saturn and the Dreamcast. Post any opinion on this but be mindful. Don't bring other users down or post any spam or hateful responses.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I too feel for a JSR sequel (not counting JSRF).

But due to how SEGA operates these days, those chances are veeeeery slim to impossible.

Welcome to RadioSEGA by the way.
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, thanks! I'll be sure to keep in touch with every person who posts here! Also, the requests show up really fast!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

VideoGameNerd2055 wrote:Hey, thanks! I'll be sure to keep in touch with every person who posts here! Also, the requests show up really fast!
That they do. The playlist is a highly praised feature of this site.

About JSR, if there was ever a full-fledged sequel, Hideki Naganuma HAS to be on board.
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

Also, BB Rights must do some remixes or new pieces of music. The soundtrack, my god.[video=youtube;w8A4CoKiAsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8A4CoKiAsc[/video]
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

Hope that this thread really grows. Due to the fan support on this, I feel right at home.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote: But due to how SEGA operates these days, those chances are veeeeery slim to impossible.
True. "Hey, check out this awesome game, you want it, right? Well, tough, you live in the west, so have another crappy sonic spin-off instead."
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:True. "Hey, check out this awesome game, you want it, right? Well, tough, you live in the west, so have another crappy sonic spin-off instead."
Seriously, Sega West and SoJ are in worse communications than they were 15 years ago. Ironic seeing as though technology improved since then.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Man I would love it if a new JSR game was made. Given the next-gen consoles these days, I can see a "open sandbox" type of game much like how the GTA series just ran with. However for it to be on a SEGA console, then the company itself would need a lot of money. And I mean a lot.

And welcome to RS by teh way.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

A new Jet Set Radio would be awesome.
It's one of my favourite Dreamcast games and one of my all-time SEGA favourites.

Of course, this would have to mean getting Hideki Naganuma on board (judging by his twitter feed, that wouldn't be too hard) and finding the right formula.

I don't see a new JSR coming our way soon, but I can imagine SEGA picking up the franchise at some point and maybe releasing something digitally. I wouldn't even be surprised if JSRF had an HD makeover and was released for the 360 or XBone.