Jet Set Radio

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I played the HD revamp on PSN...I didnt like it, the controls were to slippery and i just didnt see the appeal and why everyone liked it. But hey, it impressed a ton of people back then so it did something right. Maybe it just didn't age well?
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

Post by VideoGameNerd2055 »

It's amazing how they will make the most unpredictable games instead of the ones fans want. Space Channel 5 Part 3, Sonic Adventure 3, Chu-Chu Rocket, everybody want sequels to these games. Heck, SEGA will be at the top again in terms of fan service and innovation. They might even compete with Nintendo again if they play their cards right!

Yeah, it is pretty stupid. If the developers had also communicated during past games, I think games such as Sonic 06 could have been good and live up to it's potential! The reason is that stupid choices during the development of the game and not consulting other developers at SEGA is what really sucks for the in terms of game service and fan service as well!
mtwinny wrote:Man I would love it if a new JSR game was made. Given the next-gen consoles these days, I can see a "open sandbox" type of game much like how the GTA series just ran with. However for it to be on a SEGA console, then the company itself would need a lot of money. And I mean a lot.

And welcome to RS by teh way.
Yeah, open sandbox would be cool, but they did kind of so it under some context under the Jet challenges in the original Jet Set Radio
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

You could have formed all of that into one post lol.

Also, I'm not sure everyone wants a Sonic Adventure 3. Plus even if 2006 did have better communication within the team and development, it'll probably end up as average to below-average anyway.
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

TheChaosBlue wrote:You could have formed all of that into one post lol.

Also, I'm not sure everyone wants a Sonic Adventure 3. Plus even if 2006 did have better communication within the team and development, it'll probably end up as average to below-average anyway.
First time ever on a forum, still getting the hang of things.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

VideoGameNerd2055 wrote:Space Channel 5 Part 3, Sonic Adventure 3, Chu-Chu Rocket, everybody want sequels to these games.
Don't assume that. I certainly don't want any of those.

Returning to the Adventure format for Sonic would be taking the series backwards at least a step and a half. We've already discussed this in another thread. The mobile device port of Chu Chu Rocket was more than enough to satisfy my cravings and Space Channel 5 is a quirky anomaly that is only remembered as a part of Dreamcast nostalgia.
VideoGameNerd2055
Level 1
Level 1

Kaito-kun wrote:Don't assume that. I certainly don't want any of those.

Returning to the Adventure format for Sonic would be taking the series backwards at least a step and a half. We've already discussed this in another thread. The mobile device port of Chu Chu Rocket was more than enough to satisfy my cravings and Space Channel 5 is a quirky anomaly that is only remembered as a part of Dreamcast nostalgia.
I saw the thread, some of the points made are pretty interesting and something to think about.

Sorry, it's still interesting that you put new viewpoints on the subject at hand
The attachment slowclap.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
slowclap.jpg
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

In terms of the games you've mentioned, Sonic Adventure 3 should not even be created the while others can simply be left for the generation they were in. JSR is kinda of a special case since there is a possibility of how it can be done in this day and age.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I don't think Space Channel 5 was an anomaly, it was the other way round: Sega's attempt at following a music game trend that had been brewing since Parrapa and Fluid. It was one of those phases in gaming that had it's day then moved on; there was Amplitude and Gitaroo Man then it all became about the plastic instruments and after a while even they couldn't sustain the novelty factor.

But SC5 is still a great game. I'd play a sequel, with zombie Michael in it of course.

I'd love another JSR, but the last one didn't sell so I can see why Sega haven't bothered. It's one of those games everybody says they like, but hardly anyone actually pays 50 sniffer for. Like those Double Fine games and Stranger's Wrath. You hear 'em saying 'yeah really great games, such originality etc. I'll wait till it's 10 notes in the bargain bin/steam sale then get it'. Then people wonder why there isn't another one.
Tic Tac, sir?
blkbrdsr71
Level 1
Level 1

Post by blkbrdsr71 »

I played JSR on Dreamcast back in 18 ot 11ty or was it 2002, now you got me on memory lane. :P
Greatodyer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Greatodyer »

To be honest, I have NEVER played this game but I've heard from others that it's a must-play game. Might have to look into it :)
Takes more than expired soda to have a party. It takes guests, with breasts and mine don't count.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqbqtosuVk1qbr1yco1_500.jpg