RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
KC
Administrator
Administrator

RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown - Discussion Thread

Post by KC »

Hello all! Once again I am here to introduce a new show. We'll continue to bring you more shows in the coming weeks/months so stay tuned.

Since the Game of the Month Show is going to be a one week a month thing, we need something else to get you warm in the coming cold Monday nights, don't we? For quite sometime, we've been entertaining the idea of our own countdown show. It was something to be implemented with Project 7!

It's my pleasure to announce that coming next Monday at 8pm (UK time) is the first edition of RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown. As the name implies, it'll be a weekly show where I play you the 40 most requested songs from our playlist in the previous week. Along with that, I'll be highlighting some of the new additions to our playlist and some of the most neglected gems already available to be requested.

YOU make the show by requesting your favourites. How? First, create a RadioSEGA account. After that, go to "Playlist & Requests" and get requesting! The 40 most requested songs from Sunday til Saturday will be played the following Monday.

Some of you listened to our Top 40 trial show last Monday and got a taste of what I have in store. Next week's will sound more professional apart from the host that is still going to be me. Sorry about that! :D

One more detail I want to share with everyone: The Top 40 will air every Monday from 8pm to 10pm, unless there's a Game of the Month Show. In that case, the GotM Show will air from 8pm to 9pm and will be followed by a shorter version of the Top 40 Countdown from 9pm (ish) to 10pm (ish). This will be similar to what happened this week.

I hope you tune in next Monday, at 8pm (UK time). To find out what time that is where you are, go here.

ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I HOPE that Ignite Infinity (the Takenobu Mitsuyoshi version that is) makes it into at least the Top 20 by the end of this week.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I HOPE that Ignite Infinity (the Takenobu Mitsuyoshi version that is) makes it into at least the Top 20 by the end of this week.
As mentioned in the trial show, I have some Takenobu Mitsuyoshi surprises next week. :)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The show's just keep on coming! I like it!

And really, this was on that was going be had since we have Playlist charts. And finally we have the show to do it, and it had to hosted by the most handsome person ever. It was fate.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

KC wrote:As mentioned in the trial show, I have some Takenobu Mitsuyoshi surprises next week. :)
Oooooooooooooh. I missed the trial show.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

I'm surprised this wasn't a thing yet. I mean, it's something common in radio stations.

If I'm calculating the time difference right, I think I can tune this.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Now that the first show is done, here's the link to download it from RadioSEGA Media. I have also submitted the podcast in the iTunes Store, so it should be available there tomorrow/Wednesday. I'll update this thread with the link when it is. EDIT: iTunes link

Thanks to everyone who took part by listening, interacting and, of course, requesting! :)
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Episode 2, aired on Monday, 30th September 2013, is now up on RadioSEGA Media and iTunes.

This week, apart from the Top 40, 3 playlist highlights from Yakuza 5, Spiral Knights and Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, I offered the chance to enter a draw to win a 75% discount voucher off of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on Steam.

To enter the draw, search our playlist for the Mega Drive Medleys (like this) and listen to either the "Mega Drive Arrange Medley" or the "Mega Drive Original Remix Medley". Both of them feature 24 classic SEGA tunes. All you have to do it send me an email (kc[at]radiosega[dot]net) or a PM here in the forums with at least one of the game and track names.

For every song you get right (both game and track name) you get a number, which gives you a chance to win the discount voucher. If you get all 24 tracks right, you'll get 24 chances to win!

The draw will take place during the next RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown, this Sunday, at 8pm (UK).
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Woo! Sounds good to me. If I get the opportunity, I'll listen in.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

metalgamer wrote:Woo! Sounds good to me. If I get the opportunity, I'll listen in.
You'll have to send me some answers before the show. Forgot to mention the deadline is Saturday at midnight (aka the end of Saturday Night SEGA).