Video Games....According to the Media

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Video Games....According to the Media

Post by Twinny »

Video games as portrayed by the media. I'm talking news outlets, newspapers, that sort of media. Why do they always think of video games being just about violence and sexuality? Have they not seen other genres of gaming like platformers and rhythm games?

Every time I see gaming in the news chances are it portrayed in a negative light. Is this there way of saying the gaming industry is not a good form of entertainment?

Like this "story" for example, how is this in any way connected to video games? The media loves to spin the general sense that video games are too violent. Thank today's stance on games these days with more shooters and whatnot that made these news people reflect their reporting on it.

Anyway what do you think about this? Is this justified for gaming to be like highlighted like this?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Thank god me and mum parents don't really care much about the media. These guys can get really annoying indeed and their stories are just pure garbage if you ask me.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

If its not GTA, its a military FPS, if its online its one those. --, yeah seems like it never gets positive press. Rarely do we ever hear about something worthwhile. I don't get the grasp of why its focused on nothing worth playing.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I noticed the steam forums were going mad about one of those safari hunting games the other day. A bunch of shut ins were saying it encouraged violence against endangered animals and should be banned.
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Are some of those people who were criticizing that game were from PETA if they were going THAT mad?

>lolgeneralizing