The Magical Sound Shower Project By The Opus Science Collective

Use this forum to advertise your SEGA related events or websites.
All new topics will be moderated and therefore may not be accepted.
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

The Magical Sound Shower Project By The Opus Science Collective

Post by Opus Science »

Hi all,

We at the Opus Science Collective create all sorts of music. Right now we've got a number of things cooking. One of which is The Magical Sound Shower Project. It's our take on some of our favourite music from 8 and 16 Bit Sega games. Obviously, everyone here knows and loves the music of Sega, so it seems only right that we signed up and share our music with you.

The first two tracks from the Project went live yesterday.

Moon Beach from Streets Of Rage:

[video=youtube;LDAYJJrwo5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDAYJJrwo5U[/video]

We don't look to Remix, but rather recreate from scratch. We slip in some samples of sound effects used in games in a musical/rhythmical context however, as, well, it's fun :rolleyes: .

There are plenty more Sega tunes in the pipeline. You can follow us Facebook, SoundCloud and Youtube, the links for which are in my Signature.

Please feel free to comment and suggest tracks you'd like to hear re-imagined in a modern context. We can't promise to do them all, but this is basically what we work on around our other projects, so it's ever-ongoing.

I will continue to update this thread with new stuff as it happens.

Anyway, listen, enjoy and long live Sega's Music.

:)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

This sounds good. I can see this is something that's a much more serious endeavor than what I would have thought.

There's a chance, and this is strictly from my own opinion on the matter, when this whole project is completed a DJ here can go out of their way to showcase it.
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Wicked man, thank you for your kind words. We're currently working on a number of things. We recently finished a thing called Raindriver which is a short concept album available to listen to on our SoundCloud page and I should think in the new year, there should be some more stuff going up on SoundCloud that's a move into slightly cheesier pop style electro, female vocals etc. Kind of somewhere between Chromeo and Daft Punk.

The Magical Sound Shower Project is simply a labour of love that we do in our downtime as we're all massive gamers and love Sega's late 80s/early90s stuff. I can foresee us working on video game soundtracks long into the future.

We've got 3 more tracks ready to go. We'll be putting one up a week on SoundCloud, but also available to download, specifically for you guys here, so you can get you hands on them and feel free to play them on your shows. Sonic Yoda mentioned us on his show the other day and we were totally made up by it and want to follow through with providing you guys with the stuff to actually play on the shows.

There's a ton of awesome Sega remix stuff out there and we're just privileged to be mentioned and played alongside some of the awesome stuff we've heard on YouTube and the like. So thank you very much for your support and kind words so far. We'll continue to deliver goods your way, but obviously around other projects and work commitments, there may be the odd quiet week. But like I said, we've got 3 tracks ready to go, so that's 6 in total right now and I think we're going to turn our hand to some Outrun, Vector Man or Kid Chameleon next ;) .

Anyway, we'll always keep you guys fully updated and there will always be chat etc on our Facebook page too, so "Like" us there as well if you want to stay on top of things.

Thanks again.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Sounds great, looking forward to your outrun stuff.
Tic Tac, sir?
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I played "The Shinobi" on tonight's RadioSEGA's Top 40 Countdown. Really digging your work, guys! Keep it up!
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Oh wow! Fantastic man. Thank you so much. Is it/will it be available as a Podcast?
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Opus Science wrote:Oh wow! Fantastic man. Thank you so much. Is it/will it be available as a Podcast?
Right here on RadioSEGA Media.
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Listened to it now. Thank you so much for playing the track.

Turtle Village from Golden Axe will be going up on Friday. Will keep you posted.
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Hey guys, just to let you know, we're expanding our social network. Keep up to date with us at any of the following:

http://www.facebook.com/opusscience
http://twitter.com/OpusScience
http://plus.google.com/b/11375494661833 ... 8332633669
http://soundcloud.com/opus-science-collective
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt9g9gw ... FjA/videos
I'll add these to my signature shortly.

Next track going live on Friday, keep a look out for it. If you like what you're hearing tell your friends ;) .
Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Lewis tells me he's playing the first three tracks from The Magical Sound Shower Project tonight from 8pm. Wicked!