Chickaroo Reviews: Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal (PS2 / PS3)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews: Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal (PS2 / PS3)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Now that 2 successful games have been out, fans were still hungry for more. So one year later, fans got probably one of the best games in the Ratchet & Clank series, and possibly one of the best games on the PlayStation 2.

Game: Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
Systems: PlayStation 2, Playstation 3
Release Dates: PlayStation 2: 11/3/04 (NA), 11/12/04 (EU), 11/18/04 (AUS), 11/25/04 (JP)
PlayStation 3: 6/28/12 (AUS), 6/29/12 (EU), 8/28/12 (NA), 9/6/12 (JP)
Developers: Insomniac Games

Squishies vs. Metal
Story: As Ratchet and Clank are watching a new episode of Clank's new show Secret Agent Clank, the show gets interrupted by a news report from Ratchet's galaxy. The Solana galaxy is under attack by a new villain named Dr. Nefarious, who plans to turn every living and breathing species with flesh into robots for world domination. Teaming up with Captain Qwark to form the Q-Force and as well as the Galactic Rangers, it’s up to them to save everyone from turning into heartless robots.

Getting Better and Better with Each Entry
Gameplay: The gameplay is still relatively the same as Going Commando, but with new elements added as well as extra stuff to play with. Ratchet still plays the same as the last games, just with new weapons and armor. Clank sections are back. This time he is with the Q-Force’s monkey named Crunk as you must guide him using a gun shooting a banana.
Another new thing to Up Your Arsenal is the Captain Qwark mini games. Part of the story, you will collect vid-comics (they’re like NES cartridges) and you get to play as Qwark in a side scroller styled mini games.
What makes the main gameplay addicting is the leveling up of weapons and the online multiplayer. You can level up your weapons up to 5 times.
This game is the first game in the series to offer online multiplayer. You can choose from deathmatches, capture the flag and other online classics. They’re pretty fun and somewhat addicting.

Looks Better Too
Graphics: The graphics are getting a little better with each entry, but they still look the same as the last game. Just with a little more motion.

Poppin’ and Rockin’
Music: The music here is a little better to me. You’ve got catchy music and some older tracks coming back for some familiar areas. As well as a catchy pop tune sung by Miss Courtney Gears herself!

The Best PS2 Game of All Time?
Overall: Up Your Arsenal is considered one of the best Ratchet & Clank games of all time. And I must agree. The gameplay is addictive, the graphics are great, the music is good, and the humor is top-notch. I love this game. It’s one of my all time favorites.

5/5