Your best Christmas? (Gaming wise)

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
p_nut_uk
Level 5
Level 5

Your best Christmas? (Gaming wise)

Post by p_nut_uk »

What has every ones best Christmas been gaming wise?

Mine was 1994! I'll never forget it! that year I got Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles! It was just the greatest day ever. I played that game to death, I remember getting suspended from school in 95 for a few days and all I did was play that constantly, in fact, I think it was the last genesis game I really played a lot until I got a Saturn. I hope the games come out on the 3DS. Anyway, nothing will take away from the brilliant feeling I got that day, AMAZING!

Over to you, tell me about yours...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Shenmue. Played it like billy-o. Then when I beat it me and my bro tried to do it non stop in a day, gave up at about 4am. Think we got to about the bit where the great chi tries to nick the mirrr when you're in the factory.

Another good one was when I got Nightfire and Tony Hawk 4 on the Xbox. Love those games, don't understand why they seem to have been relatively forgotten.

Only good one since I've been an adult was when I imported a 360 from Japan to play Deathsmiles and Dodonpachi about 4 years ago. Probably the only time I ever got excited about games since my teenage years.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote: Another good one was when I got Nightfire and Tony Hawk 4 on the Xbox. Love those games, don't understand why they seem to have been relatively forgotten.
Tony Hawk 4 was the best in the franchise, enough said.
Killer French Bread wrote:Only good one since I've been an adult was when I imported a 360 from Japan to play Deathsmiles and Dodonpachi about 4 years ago. Probably the only time I ever got excited about games since my teenage years.
I take it you weren't too happy with the PAL versions came out then. Lot of money spent there.

As for me? In 1997, my sister and I got a PS1. I'd say that was my introduction to video games, but that's a damn lie as I have been playing on the Master System for as long as I can remember. The PS1 came with 8 games (I think it was 8 anyway). Among them were Crash Bandicoot, a couple of driving games, a few others (honestly can't remember them at this moment in time, that's going to bother me) and Tekken 2. Parents ended up trading Tekken in because they thought it might be "too violent" for us, which was a fair enough assumption considering I was 5 at the time.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Oh I've squandered a lot of money in my life by now I don't really sweat about things like that. Was really glad actually to finally see a Cave game out here, briefly gave me hope for the genre. Sadly they mainly seemed to appeal to people who liked to collect games with manga in it more than spark any real interest in the games themselves though. Was like Ikaruga all over again when everyone went 'it's art!' played it for five minutes and then went back to grinding away on some MMO rubbish.

I've had to confront reality, there'll never be a return to arcade, skill based gaming values. It's just hand-holding drip fed content tours like the last Tomb Raider/Batman/whatever from here on out.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Sadly they mainly seemed to appeal to people who liked to collect games with manga in it more than spark any real interest in the games themselves though.
On behalf of my people, I apologise.