Steam Box(es) Poll!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

Will you be getting a Steam Box?

Hell yeah! I want one of Gabes babies!
22%
Not sure yet...
33%
Hell no! Why do I need that?
44%

Total votes: 9

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I'm not that keen on PC gaming, bar some few exceptions. No special reason for that, I'm just more of a console gamer. That's why I don't really use Steam that much.
I can see Steam boxes being a way to appeal to console users but for now I'm not sold. I don't think they'll be that successful either, but that can be just my take on the thing and I can turn out to be totally wrong. If they made a Steam console of sorts instead of a living room PC then maybe...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I want one. I think it's cool they come in different styles. The eagle one looks the best but it's quite expensive. I don't know anything about PCs or a spec of something, but I would like to play Football Manager and Total War on a TV so this is exactly the sort of thing that tickles my fancy.
Reknoc wrote: If people dont want to get into PC gaming because they find all the hardware options too intimidating then how does making the Steam Machines be made by multiple manufacturers help?
I don't think it really matters, you are still buying a box you plug into a TV so it still seems easy enough. The different varieties gives you more choice. It's like how microwaves have different settings and wattages you can buy, but granny will still figure out which one will cook her onion soup.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Killer French Bread wrote:I don't think it really matters, you are still buying a box you plug into a TV so it still seems easy enough. The different varieties gives you more choice. It's like how microwaves have different settings and wattages you can buy, but granny will still figure out which one will cook her onion soup.
It's more like buying a new TV, you thought the one you found was fine, but in practice found out it had severe input lag and unfixable overscan.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Again, all I am thinking of doing is installing SteamOS on my living room pc, just for the streaming feature.
However I am not sure if it will work properly as it seems a bit difficult to actually make this work as there shouldn't be any lag somehow.