Chickaroo Reviews: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Post by chickaroo1 »

It’s a new century and fans were still wanting more of Spyro. So Insomniac gave it their all and made the last Spyro game for the PS1 and as well as Insomniac’s last before they moved on to a new game for the PS2.

Game: Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Systems: PlayStation, PlayStation Network
Release Dates: PS1: 10/23/00 (NA), 11/10/00 (EU)
PSN: 5/14/09 (NA),12/12/12 (EU)
Developers: Insomniac Games

An Evil Plot Unfolds…
Story: Set a year after Ripto's Rage!, the dragons were sleeping peacefully in the valley until a mysterious bunny rabbit in a hoodie comes out of a rabbit hole and steals all the dragon eggs. None of the dragons are big enough to get through the hole except for Spyro and Hunter and the fairies. So they head down the hole and discover the “forgotten worlds” that used to be ruled by dragons. Once the dragons have left, the magic has left with them. Therefore, the portals didn’t work. So now it’s up to Spyro to get the dragon eggs and find out who is behind this whole mess.

Kangaroos and Monkeys and Yetis, Oh My!
Gameplay: Not only is Spyro a playable character, but he now has five more playable characters!
The gameplay for Spyro is still the same as Ripto’s Rage! He can still run, jump, glide, breathe fire, ect. But now there are more playable characters.
Sheila the Kangaroo:She has the ability to jump up a high distance and kick enemies using her feet as well as slam down on big rocks.
Sgt. James Byrd: He has the ability to fly up in the sky without wearing out. He also has two little missile launches on his shoulders that shoot...missles. As well as he can pick up bombs with his feet.
Bentley the Yeti: He walks around slowly while carrying a huge crystal club. He can hit enemies with it as well as swing it around to block snowballs. His gameplay is pretty meh.
Agent 9: He plays out like a 3rd person shooter as he can use a little laser gun.
Hunter and Sparx are playable too.

More Improvement
Graphics: They’re like the last game, just a little more touched up I guess. Not much to say.

Outstanding
Music: This time around, the music is really good and memorable. It’s catchy, relaxing, upbeat, ect. It’s good.
Music is composed by Stewart Copeland and Ryan Berveridge.

Best Spyro Game?
Overall: Year of the Dragon is a very good game. There’s lots to do. But you can tell the developers ran out of ideas by this time because of adding additional characters. Still a good game none the less.

5/5
RW26 BLAZE
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RW26 BLAZE »

I had this game on the ps1 and I loved it.........
Team Blaze Racing