ProjectCarthage Reviews: Sonic Boom (TV Show and Game) [OPINIONS]

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
ProjectCarthage
Level 1
Level 1

ProjectCarthage Reviews: Sonic Boom (TV Show and Game) [OPINIONS]

Post by ProjectCarthage »

Hey everyone at RadioSEGA, just thought I'd voice my opinions on the new Sonic Cartoon "Sonic Boom" and it's prequel game.

Ok, so let's start off with the designs of the characters, since that's what everyone seems to be going after first.

Sonic doesn't look that much different from his current "Modern" design, just some more spikes, a neckerchief thing, and some tape/toilet paper around his gloves/arms, and shoes/legs, and the change that everyone has complained about so far, is the blue arms, rather than skin-colored, Who cares? it's like the "Green Eyes VS Black Eyes" thing, pointless.

Tails also hasn't changed much, he has some pilot goggles now, a sortof belt/sash/parachute harness on him, but he's still the Tails we know and love.

Knuckles is the one that people have complained about the most, so what if he's buffed up? He actually LOOKS like he's strong now, one minor thing I would have done, given the whole Tape thing, give Knuckles some tape just before the ends of his dreads, kinda channeling Tikal from the Adventure games

Amy has changed the least, new clothes, new hammer, and a little bit taller, that's it.

Eggman kinda looks like a mixture of the Modern Eggman and AoSTH Eggman, with a little SatAm thrown in the mix.

As far as the first clip of the show we've seen, the animation looks great, and I actually found the jokes to be funny, kinda the same stuff we'd see in a recent game, as far as the humor goes.

Now for the game, I can honestly say that Sonic Boom on the Wii U is one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Not much else to say, really, I might update this if I see more character designs/have new opinions.

This has been ProjectCarthage Reviews, and I'm outta here.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

As far as the character designs go, yeah people were gonna automatically point at Knuckles. Can't blame them, but for what he is marketed as towards this show (and by extension the video game) it kinds fits. It empathizes his strength of the group. Sonic isn't that offensive in my opinion, although initially I saw the blue arm thing as odd I'll grow on me.

Tails and Amy are the much more positive ones by far though. Tails just have more attire on him to emphasize his mechanic skills and Amy just got a new wardrobe. No biggie.

And they say Knuckles has been working out? Just look at Eggman xD
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah Eggman's the real buff head here. I actually don't see the Egg anymore...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Kind of early to be reviewing it, isn't it?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Kind of early to be reviewing it, isn't it?
Totally understanding what you're talking about; I'd say this is more of a 'First Opinions' post.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Totally understanding what you're talking about; I'd say this is more of a 'First Opinions' post.
Agreed, agreed. Tempted to merge it into that other Sonic Boom thread we have.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:Agreed, agreed. Tempted to merge it into that other Sonic Boom thread we have.
I'd say go for it then.