RSN Live

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

I'm more surprised this forum thread has gotten updated.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

voice wrote:Mega Bump but given recent events on SurrealChat I feel its more than appropriate.

The jist of it is having been glined (banned) a second time from SurrealChat due to overly aggressive spam filters the primary show IRC channel for RSN Live is now #rsn on irc.randomsonicnet.org. I'll still be on RadioSEGA's channel as well on SurrealChat but just know the primary for the show is on the other network.

Web chat is available here and as always the video stream and information on getting to the show's mumble server/channel is available here

For the record, I did not do anything nefarious to obtain the ban, someone simply abused a irc relay I run that I also run my IRC Bouncer off of. You can see my first banination in comic-form here as well.
Oh jeez that sounds inconvenient. Well in anycase at least you let us know. I'll keep that in mind when I can try to listen in. (I now I have a job that is mostly closing shift so I miss a lot of shows these days; once school starts for me it shouldn't be that much of a problem).
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

It is, however having discussed the issue with tabris, the guy who runs SurrealChat, I don't think there is any other solution to this issue unless RadioSEGA were to move shop which I don't see happening any time soon. Keep in mind I am not being glined for violating any rules, I am being glined because SurrealChat is poorly using UnrealIRCD's (irc server software) spam filter function network-wide for what he explained to be a issue on a single IRC channel on the network.
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

And that singles IRC channel on the network just-ever-so-conveniently-happens to be ours, right.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

TheChaosBlue wrote:And that singles IRC channel on the network just-ever-so-conveniently-happens to be ours, right.
You wish, but no it is not.
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Been a while since I've posted in this thread, so why the hell not? I actually need some feed back as for the past couple of weeks I've been slowly working on a replacement for RSN Live's current website. Keep in mind the URL will change once the project is complete / ready to launch but for now here is the Work In Progress version http://rsnlive.randomsonicnet.org/v2/

Things I already know:
- The front page is a giant wall of text, I'll be working on slimming it down in the coming days
- LISTEN is quite literally the RSN Radio webplayer put on a web page, I'll be working this week on replacing it with a new podcast system I've been working.

That brings me to another major announcement regarding RSN Live. I do intend to start podcasting again, however when I do I will be changing a few things that will render previous podcasts "legacy". I am no longer dividing the show into seasons, it'll all be in one go with increasing show numbers. This is mainly due to my laziness as a PHP developer since this is much easier and less complicated than trying to do a full fledged season system. Since I am essentially rebooting RSN Live's podcasting from the beginning expect the podcast page to be bare for now.

By the way...
The attachment tumblr_n3zqz2cRoH1tq2pnlo1_1280.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
tumblr_n3zqz2cRoH1tq2pnlo1_1280.jpg
Linux gamers represent!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Turbo (I think) podcasts his show in a 'all-in-one-go' way rather than by season too.

And the new layout looks much nicer.
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Linux gamers represent!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Great, now I go back and listen to what I missed when I can't listen to the show live.
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Great, now I go back and listen to what I missed when I can't listen to the show live.
Linux gamers represent!