Songs That Don't Belong?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Songs That Don't Belong?

Post by Gonic »

Have you ever played a game or found yourself listening to a games soundtrack and you double take at that one song that sounds out of place? Like its from a different game? Well this thread is dedicated to them songs. Show me your game songs that are out of place and tell me what game it should be in!

For my first one its this:

[video=youtube;6NV1d4G1cc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NV1d4G1 ... 50R9_o_eRh 2n1rhFIoO&feature=share&index=67[/video]

Sonic Rivals - Boss Theme

Sounds like it belongs in an RPG. Which RPG though im not to sure about.

Edit: If a mod can think of a better title than the one I provided, than please use it xD
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I can see where you're coming with this. Sounds a little too hardcore for such a "light" game, perhaps. It is the best track in the whole game, though. :)

Can't really think of any other song for now. Will get back to this when I do.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Blue Dragons boss theme:

[youtube]LUjxPj3al5U[/youtube]

game's music is pretty light hearted uemetsu stuff then BOSS FIGHT SUDDENLY METAL WITH VOCALS BY THE DEEP PURPLE GUY
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Haha. I was recently laughing about that song with my girlfriend. Mainly about how bad the song was in general.

My next one would have to be this:

[video=youtube_share;MkZkbbfOEdM]http://youtu.be/MkZkbbfOEdM[/video]

Pokemon has had songs like this in the past (mainly for legendary) and most of the time the gym battle music is epic not like this. But this time it was just lame and did not get me pumped for the fight ahead...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

That actually sounds really good lol...

Maybe i just don't have a taste for music.

Pretty much all the Sonic Chronicles soundtrack. A Genesis could do better music than that.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Sonic Chronicles battle music suited the game imo.

Anything but the battle music was shite tho.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I do have one track that I can say doesn't really, well, fit:

[video=youtube;cvA_t2p54gE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvA_t2p54gE[/video]

If you blindfolded someone and asked them to listen to this, would you believe to have thought this came from a Sonic game?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I'm afraid that type of music kinda is the direction Sonic music has been taking lately, especially with recent games like Lost Worlds. They're moving away from catchy rock songs and getting a lot more like... that.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I'm afraid that type of music kinda is the direction Sonic music has been taking lately, especially with recent games like Lost Worlds. They're moving away from catchy rock songs and getting a lot more like... that.
You don't like the one? I actually really like that. Ok, it feels a little JRPG-y, but it's a pretty good boss theme in general. I prefer it to the generic rock themes we in Sonic games from a few years ago, plus, it has hints of Mega Drive era Robotnik themes near the start.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Kaito-kun wrote:You don't like the one? I actually really like that. Ok, it feels a little JRPG-y, but it's a pretty good boss theme in general. I prefer it to the generic rock themes we in Sonic games from a few years ago, plus, it has hints of Mega Drive era Robotnik themes near the start.
Oh I never said I didn't like it. I just said that this is the direction Sonic games have been taking recently.

To be fair, they're alright, but I still prefer the rock themes Sonic games had in the past games. I think this change is part of the package of trying to make Sonic more "Kids friendly" instead of the edginess he had to him back in the early 3D games. And if you know me, you'd know that I absolutely dislike the path Sega is taking recently with making Sonic so childish.
Offtopic: Supposedly one of Sonic Boom's biggest focuses is the plot so let's hope it'll be good.