The SEGA Lounge - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
KC
Administrator
Administrator

The SEGA Lounge - Discussion Thread

Post by KC »

The time has finally come! This Thursday, RadioSEGA is debuting its own talk show: The SEGA Lounge.

If you haven't read our teases on Twitter or listened to our announcements on air, let me explain briefly what The SEGA Lounge is about. Basically, a talk show with different special guests every week, a music segment, a brief roundup of the week's news and a game/challenge that our guests will have to play.

The show will be hosted by SSF1991 and myself. The first guests, as announced earlier today, are The Megadrive Band, the guys that performed live at last year's Summer of Sonic.

This thread right here can be used to comment on the show and, since sometimes the show will be pre-recorded, because of the timezones of the guests, this can be used to leave some questions for us to ask.

We sincerely hope you enjoy The SEGA Lounge and that you join us every Thursday at 8pm UK time (9pm CET / 3pm ET / 12pm PT).

SSF1991
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SSF1991 »

Awesome show will be awesome!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The first episode went well, despite the technical difficulties here and there.Maybe the connection between yoi an the guest was too much to handle at points or it couldn't stand the sounds of DONNIE... XD

But still the show went on and a nice two hours getting to know The MegaDrive Band some morw. Hopefully we can work out an exclusive in the near future~ Also, who's the next guest for those who need it in text?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Really enjoyed the show. Was very nice hearing the jokes and banter. Quite different from anything else on RadioSEGA right now. Will definitely be tuning in again for more SEGA Lounge.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Thanks for the kind words, guys! We had a blast doing this first episode and we hope you had as much fun listening to it.

Let me also take the opportunity to share the link to the podcast on the iTunes store: The SEGA Lounge on iTunes (Portuguese store FTW!)

As for next week, we'll be joined by Julian Mehlfeld and Sam Mullen, Community Manager and Localization Producer on SEGA of America, respectively. The show will be live once more at 8pm BST (9pm Central Europe, 3pm ET, 12pm PT).

If you're not able to make it and want to send us questions, you can use this thread. The interview will focus, among other things, on the 3D Classics range.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

The 3D Classics huh? I shall post a couple questions...once I'm off mobile lol
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Beyond the range of titles already available, were there any additional titles that you feel could have bolstered the range even more?
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

• Does SEGA of Japan have to confirm with SEGA West on what games from the 3D Classics series can be released outside of Japan?
  • What's your opinion of fan-run events like Sonic Revolution?
More when I get around to more.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Opus Science
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Opus Science »

Maybe these questions aren't appropriate, but I'll post them anyway:

1) Can you please make a Sonic game that simply picks up from where Sonic 3 (& Sonic & Knuckles) left off? By which I mean, simple, fast, interesting game play. No homing attack, no voice overs, the same mechanics of old and further explore the cool power ups (the fire bubble, magnetic bubble and air bubble were great little mechanic/dynamic touches...). A simple Sonic game like this would make sooooooo many people happy.

2) Can you please make an HD remix of Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap. And/or bring back Wonderboy with a new game in the same vein as WBIII?