The Unified "Sonic Boom" thread.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Dragonblaze123
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dragonblaze123 »

kadosho wrote:Watched the teaser, I think they're onto something. Its nice to see Sonic and friends get a fresh start.
Well, we all know what horrors happened last time the Sonic series got a 'fresh start': Image

And we never want it to happen again...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Just... why can't tails just fly and grab the damn cat?
Sssssssssh don't question the logic.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

It's out you lot! The show has begun.

[video=youtube;VUfjuAmXtBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUfjuAm ... e=youtu.be[/video]
Click to reveal
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Imma copypasta from SSMB:

Just finished watching ‪Sonic Boom‬ I'll give the short version first:

I haven't smiled that hard at something Sonic-related since...Generations.

Long version: Seriously; damn-near everything I enjoyed about it. First off, I like everyone in the main cast. Yes even Sticks. Seriously; after her debut Sticks is just adorable. I didn't find her annoying at all. Her voice didn't sound as bad as I expected it to be and her mannerisms displayed her character quite nicely. I'm looking forward to how Nika Futterman voices her down the line. To Knuckles; while he didn't have that much screentime per-se, I'll give props to how he sounded awesome; Travis Willingham hit it out of the park. Can't wait to see "Knuckles Jr." haha.
Now; onto the others.

Amy. WOW. For once I find her...likable. For reals; Ms. Cindy Robinson was on fire. Her lines, her delivery, her expressions, character...it really blended so well. Looking forward to how her characterization is handled in future episodes. For instance; in Episode 1 she was definitely one the highlights and showed how versatile her expressions can be; episode two showed another faucet of that (as mediator).

Moving onto Tails; for once I definitely like his voice delivery. Colleen Villard plays the more reserved, well-rounded, intelligent and sometimes snarkish voice to Sonic's upbeat and sometimes cocky, good ol' Sonic voice here.

Sonic; the best I ever heard from Roger Craig Smith s take on the hedgehog yet. I really like with this cartoon it's giving Roger more time to flesh out Sonic's voice direction even more.

But the one I REALLY have to give it to...is the Eggman with the Masterplan himself. Seriously; Eggman's voice delivery stole the show for me. Episode 2 ESPECIALLY; hearing how Mike Pollock emotes him brought genuine smiles to my face. It was just...so beautiful. To even hear Eggman/Mike SING? That made the episode for me. Also...PILLOW FIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

To wrap up; The debut of Sonic Boom: Cartoon Edition hit nearly all the right marks. The animation was a bit stiff at times though. I do expect that to be fleshed out over the course of the series though. The comedic aspects were there, but a few times it was certainly off. For what action there was I do see it made sure to at least emphasize that over the funny ha-ha's so that's nice. There's just something about watching both episodes though that I just felt about though and it's this:

It's not just seeing Sonic on TV again, but on Saturday mornings. Even at my age, it felt like being a kid again watching Sonic X; or SatAM/AoSTH for those who saw those as a child. It's hard to explain (at least, that's how I interpret it), but I genuinely smiled throughout watching it. As cliche as this sounds, it kinda brought back that part of a young Sonic fan again.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Now that is a + review, love the fact you shared everything that made it work. I feel kinda bummed not having cable to keep up. But from that summary, I hope this series has lasting power and catches new fans and brings us longtime ones along for the ride.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Again though... some of the logic there used in the show really baffles me... Especially in episode 2.
Click to reveal
Overall though, still a nice show. I do have to agree with the animation being a bit clunky in some places. I'm hoping they'll get better at it as the show progresses.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

So Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal are out here in North America. There boy oh boy.

Firstly, there are people that DO have the game & are giving legit reasons of why it's bad. BUT they're overshadowed by suck up, whiny, offended Sonic fans.

Those suck up, whiny, offended Sonic fans basing off previews & other people's negative opinions in not getting the game themselves, hell even not trying the demo.

Never change Sonic fanbase. Never freaking change.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Twinny wrote: Never change Sonic fanbase. Never freaking change.
But Twinny...? Were you honestly expecting something else? XD
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Whooa21 wrote:But Twinny...? Were you honestly expecting something else? XD
If I did, I would've laughed my ass off at it.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Twinny wrote:If I did, I would've laughed my ass off at it.
Hah, nice :P