The Unified "Sonic Boom" thread.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Honestly I haven't played RoL so I don't know if it's as bad as people say but to compare it to Sonic 06 and say that it's possibly worse... I dunno.

Thought to be honest, as much as both games suck I really don't think either one is as bad as Sonic Shuffle... (A played this game a while ago and I've been having horrible nightmares since then.)
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Interesting the hear the bad wrap this new entry is receiving. Maybe it should have been given more time to develop the concept? I understand it had to meet in time for release of the new tv series. But still. Hope the next game turns out alright.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

[video=youtube;BY2HF4Lf9kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2HF4Lf9kI[/video]

Good video about the state of Sonic.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Gonic wrote:[video=youtube;BY2HF4Lf9kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2HF4Lf9kI[/video]

Good video about the state of Sonic.
I agree with him and said this before in a way. SEGA found something good with Generations and Colours but instead decided to try something new instead of sticking with it. That annoys me so much but yeah...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Weird (OK maybe not) but on Cartoon Network here most commercials are either Shattered Crystal or cartoon related.

Actually, it's every Boom-related commercial.
Dragonblaze123
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dragonblaze123 »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I agree with him and said this before in a way. SEGA found something good with Generations and Colours but instead decided to try something new instead of sticking with it. That annoys me so much but yeah...
I'm pretty sure that we're all in agreement with this vid. Just evolve upon Generations, the only problem I had with Gens was that I thought that it was too padded out and short. The Lost World happened... and then Boom happened ;( Oh balls.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

SEGA have already dirtied the water with Lost World, Boom is like, whatever its not a main game so it can suck as hard as it wants. I dunno how much I trust SEGA to go back though "Give us a new Sonic Adventure!" SEGA replied with '06, "Give us a new classic Sonic game" SEGA replied with Sonic 4
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I wouldn't say they dirtied the water per se, but it was a step backwards from the good run they found themselves on. Sonic Runners, whatever that turns out to be (I'm going to just guess it'll be Sonic Dash 2 with prettier graphics) isn't going to make shockwaves either.

If Sonic Team's next main Sonic game, whatever format it comes out on (at this point I'd say PS4/XO look likely) goes back to the Gens/Colours days, then we could be looking at a winner. People are just looking at Boom and thinking that this signals the future of the whole franchise, when they are very clearly mistaken.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

That's the thing, I don't think they can go back, like sharks. It's like whenever they make something good it's like the stars have aligned in just the right place and then they make something bad after it and all that knowledge is gone.

Also man the Runners news is hilarious, mostly for Sonic Team going to the iOS ghetto themselves but partly because they seem to be making one of their games redundant.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Since 2015 is right around the corner, I don't think the initiative as a whole will improve once it finally reaches out of the U.S. and France.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010