The Unified "Sonic Boom" thread.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Not sure if anyone else has noticed yet, but the DVD pre-order of Sonic Boom Volume One: The Sidekick has appeared on Amazon UK... Yay!

Upon further research, clearly I missed the article by SegaBits! Oh well! XD http://segabits.com/blog/2015/12/11/son ... -sidekick/

I shall be ordering it! :3 How about you lot?
supersonicsega
Level 1
Level 1

Post by supersonicsega »

Here, you have a SONIC FAN, even of SONIC BOOM,
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

I actually enjoyed the first 13 episodes x) Sadly I had fallen behind in catching the others, but a DVD option sounds like a good idea if they for sone reason couldn't have Boomerang in their house.

I won't necessarily pre-order it myself, but I'm pretty sure it'll end up in my hands at some point or other. XD
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Can't argue at £10 for 13 episodes of Sonic Boom. These days, though, I'm fond of having anything animation related on Blu-Ray, so the lack of a HD option stings a bit, especially as Boom does look rather good in HD.

Still, gonna buy it. Need to let SEGA know that DVDs are a viable option still...maybe then they'll release the full Sonic X series over here as well.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Yeah I've quite enjoyed watching some of these Sonic Boom episodes as well and as Gavvie stated you can't really argue with £10. I don't know why but I always get a nostalgic feeling when watching Sonic Boom about the Donkey Kong Country cartoon shown on Foxkids in the early 2000's. It reminds me of that show beyond the obvious 'its got computer animated animals in it'

could be the setting maybe!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Sonic Boom's cast have style, grace and sometimes funny faces. It checks out.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

So, I've been off from work these last two weeks and during that time, while channel surfing, I stumbled across an episode of Sonic Boom.

It...Wasn't completely awful! Although it might have helped that the two stories in the half hour episode were both Dr. Eggman focused and I have a soft spot for the Doc. (Sonic and Eggman swap bodies because of reasons, later Eggman's minions wake up with no memory of the previous day and a missing Eggman.)

Mike Pollock does a great job in bringing him to life - massively upstaging everyone else involved in the franchise.

I imagine that if I'd caught an episode focusing on Sonic and his pals then I'd be less impressed.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote:So, I've been off from work these last two weeks and during that time, while channel surfing, I stumbled across an episode of Sonic Boom.

It...Wasn't completely awful! Although it might have helped that the two stories in the half hour episode were both Dr. Eggman focused and I have a soft spot for the Doc. (Sonic and Eggman swap bodies because of reasons, later Eggman's minions wake up with no memory of the previous day and a missing Eggman.)

Mike Pollock does a great job in bringing him to life - massively upstaging everyone else involved in the franchise.

I imagine that if I'd caught an episode focusing on Sonic and his pals then I'd be less impressed.
Then you'd be surprised to know that most of the Boom Episodes are just that. I haven't seen all the episodes but for the most part, Eggman is usually involved and he does a great job in them!

Overall, the cartoon has been doing really good and I have to kind of admit that I'm a little bit excited for season 2.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Quills on Wheels wrote: Overall, the cartoon has been doing really good and I have to kind of admit that I'm a little bit excited for season 2.
Well that's good to hear. I doubt I'll watch much more of it, but it seemed serviceable and if the fans like it then I guess that's a good thing too.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

With Booms release on the Wii U, it left a sour taste in my mouth. Did they not learn from Sonic'06? So I've been avoiding the Boom universe like the plague because of it. I guess that's an unfair thing to do, but yeah.