Chickaroo Reviews - Cel Damage HD (PS3)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Cel Damage HD (PS3)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Some people say it’s just a cartoony Twisted Metal game. But I think it’s more than that, and a lot more fun too! Now in stellar HD!Game: Cel Damage HD
Systems: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita (Originally on PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube)
Release Dates: Xbox: 11/15/01 (NA),
Developers: Finish Line Games (Originally Pseudo Interactive)
Tune In Next Week To See Who Wins
Story: Story wise, yeah Cel Damage takes the cake for being very similar to Twisted Metal. The starter characters are rejects from society and want to compete in a weekly show called “Cel Damage” to become #1. Sound familiar?
Wacky Cartoon Mayhem!
Gameplay: As I mentioned, this game is pretty much a cel shaded Twisted Metal. But that doesn’t mean it’s a bad game at all! Was Crash Team Racing a bad game? No!
Anyway, you pick your character of choice and have to decide on which mode to play in. There are a total of 3 modes to choose from (which is kind of a bummer). There’s Smack Attack which lets you smack your enemies as you please until someone gets the total points required for it. Whoever gets the total points wins. There’s Gate Relay where you race through a few gates a couple of times while smashing each other in the field. And last there is Flag Rally. Capture flags around the field and bring them to the circle. First person to capture ten flags into the circle wins.
The weapons are very cartoony too. From baseball bats to boxing gloves, nuclear weapons to axes, machine guns to lasers, there is so much to choose from! Also, your car bends as you turn. Now how cartoony is that?
There are 4 settings to choose from which have 3 tracks in them: the wild west, a swamp, a haunted castle, and outer space.
A Very Nice Looking 3D Cartoon!
Graphics: As an HD port, this looks very nice. No glitches, all the cars, weapons, stages, characters, just everything looks very neat. I wish there could be more games with cel shading in nice HD (I know we have Jet Set Radio HD but I’m saying newer games using cel shading). This game looks very gorgeous on a nice flat screen.
Crusin’ and A-Jammin’
Music: The music is pretty good! It’s pretty memorable and fun to listen to.
Music is composed by unknown. (I don’t know who composed it).
A Good Game To Play With Friends?
Overall:Cel Damage HD is a fun game to play. I think it’s a bit of an underrated gem. When it originally came out, it didn't get too good reviews and a sequel got cancelled. But now that it’s back in full glory HD, it’s fun to play with friends in this wacky combat game!
4 / 5