The Trading Card Game Thread

What it says on the tin...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Atrias wrote: Also, it may be digital only, but does Hearthstone count?! :P
Ahah I guess?

Yeah you don't HAVE to spend a lot of money if you just want to play casually with friends with the same cards. But for competitive play, you're going to be spending a lot of money.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Atrias wrote: Also, it may be digital only, but does Hearthstone count?! :P

That's my opinion anyway.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Hearthstone is cool. Its nice to see a proper TCG digitally that isn't just a port of something else or a playdek reskin.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

Ahah, Kaito, a purist through and through... me like :D

I do tend to agree with you to be honest as Trading and Card are not technically part of the design brief... more like Purchase / Win Pseudo-Cards Game... but that doesn't really have the same ring to it now does it? :P

Nevertheless, it is mildly entertaining during those moments when decking out a full game of MTG et al is unfeasible! (Though I have played two-headed giant matches on the school-bus in the past, which was mildly taxing and open to all kinds of "hey, thats my card!!" style corruption haha)
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

You know today I just thought to myself for a little and I realised that if I didn't spend any money on Yu-Gi-Oh, I would have so much money I could spend on other important things...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Quills on Wheels wrote:You know today I just thought to myself for a little and I realised that if I didn't spend any money on Yu-Gi-Oh, I would have so much money I could spend on other important things...
Don't worry it happens to us all. I spent at least 60 quid on football stickers earlier in the summer, and then as soon as England went out (which was about 6 days into the world cup) it dawned hard just how much beer and pub snacks I could have bought with that money.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Atrias wrote:Ahah, Kaito, a purist through and through... me like :D
Not really. I just have unfounded prejudices that I don't remember the reasons for against Blizzard and love that Yotsuba pic.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Something that really bugs me about YGO mainly (not too sure about other TCGs) is how the format changes so rapidly. Pretty much a new booster box gets released every 2-3 months and that changes the format really fast, meaning a deck that was good a month ago is now only a tier 2 or 3 deck.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Is traditional, table-top trading card gaming still a hot commodity these days? Figured it'll all go digital at this point.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

So it's been a long time since I quit yugioh. Looking back at my previous post in this thread I was last talking about it in 2014 lol.

Instead, I started playing Hearthstone since the beginning for 2016. Not too bad of a game. Very pay to win orientated though.
I'd argue that Hearthstone isn't as fun and complex as Yugioh but the game isn't as fucked up as Yugioh is now thanks to Konami.

I'm pretty sure some others play hearthstone here too so if anyone keen for a match, hit me up.
Player name is Quillz#11474