allow me to reintroduce myself...

Use this forum to advertise your SEGA related events or websites.
All new topics will be moderated and therefore may not be accepted.
energonaddict
Level 1
Level 1

allow me to reintroduce myself...

Post by energonaddict »

The name's Suddes.
I've been hidden amongst the online Sega and Sonic community online since 2002.
As we all know growing up causes a lot of big changes in our lives, some fantastic, some not so great.
A few rough years during and after college caused not only the loss of the internet, but also my home, losing most of my beloved Sega and Sonic collection (except for a few emergency items I managed to keep in storage).
Whilst I was active under different names many years ago in message boards such as Sonic Stadium, Sonic Retro, and even the occasional comment on the marmite website that is TSSZ, I lost that privilege as my access was nowhere near efficient to have any involvement with the community.
To put things in an clearer perspective, you may not recognize me due to my lack of...well anything really, I kinda just sat back and enjoyed everything the community had to offer as I've been a fan of Sega since 1994.
Anyway I'm not here to supply you with a sob story, I just don't want to feel like the elephant in the room/forum board, so I had to get that off my chest.

The reason I'm here is to inform y'all that I have a brand new show on the way for you guys, coming VERY soon.

It's a retrospective show, but with a few twists here and there.
MY first episode is quite packed with content so be prepared for:
  • Reviews of retro and new games
  • Competitions - To celebrate My first episode, I'm giving away a copy of Alien Isolation on the platform of your choice, plus a few retro classics should you desire a cartridge or CD-rom fix
  • Topical shows- Each episode shall have it's own theme along with unique attributes including special themed mixes. The first and quite possibly second episode are focusing on Sega's involvement in horror gaming
  • Interviews - Did I hear someone say convention? some nice surprises are inbound, that's all I'm going to say for now
  • Community Involvement - This is where you guys come in, for over 3 months I have been juggling names now, and well to be honest I still can't think of a title. So I figured, if you guys decide you want to listen to it, you may as well have a title you like, so.... suggestions? I shall also be lurking about at Weston Super Sonic with recording equipment, ready for anyone who wants to share some thoughts on the day and just have a good laugh really.
  • 2 unique mixes to each show one for the theme of the show, and one I like to call "Tunes of the month", what it says on the tin really.

Anyway, thoughts? questions?
    let's talk people, I'm so excited to be back in the community and ready to make this year a productive and enjoyable one :D
TheBritishAndy
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheBritishAndy »

Hello there Suddes, and welcome to RadioSEGA!
This sounds very interesting I must say, where are you thinking of uploading your new show (YouTube, your own website etc) & when are you planning to air your if it's gonna be a live show or will it a recorded podcast?
energonaddict
Level 1
Level 1

Post by energonaddict »

Whoops, looks like i forgot to mention the release. XD
Final interviews for episode 1 are taking place tonight and the final stages of polishing and post production shall be applied tomorrow.
With such a busy schedule this week, a live recording wouldn't have been possible.
So expect a link to youtube between the 12th to the 14th :)
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Hello, energonaddict!

Thanks for sharing this with our community.
I've moved this thread into a more appropriate place though.

Feel free to share the links to your shows when they're up. :)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Looks like a hella endeavor you got going on with this project. How long have you been planning this and what inspiration led you to making this? (Hope one of those inspiration stems from us at RS heueueu xD)

And hey you may have lost those items and the roof over your head originally, but you're still alive and well. :)
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

good luck with the show
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Wow this is quite the ambitious content you have for this show of yours.

...I thought this was a pitch to have one here on RadioSEGA for a minute there.
energonaddict
Level 1
Level 1

Post by energonaddict »

well that is the plan, if all goes well and people enjoy the finished product of course.
perseverance is the answer :D
if not that's what youtube is for i suppose :S
TheBritishAndy
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TheBritishAndy »

energonaddict wrote:well that is the plan, if all goes well and people enjoy the finished product of course.
perseverance is the answer :D
Well I'll make sure to listen into your show when the first episode is up on YouTube, always enjoy listening to new content that people make :)
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

Whenever I see this kind of thread I think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67E42LQsU24
Attachments
c2c6d28b0e2c7d6ee4f8068544489b35f902061f66c48e90b897d6d4a7e971c3.jpg