Chickaroo Reviews - Disney Infinity (PS3)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Disney Infinity (PS3)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Disney has now jumped on to the bandwagon of the whole “toys come to life” trend. And now we have this game! A game where toys really do come to life!Game: Disney Infinity
Systems: Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Wii U, Windows, iPad
Release Dates: PS3 / 360 / Wii / Wii U / 3DS: 8/18/13 (NA), 8/23/13 (EU), 11/28/13 (JP, 3DS and Wii U only)
Windows: 11/13/13 (World Wide)
iPad: 9/18/13 (NA + EU)
Developers: Avalanche Software
Toy Box Come to Life!
Gameplay: So the gimmick of the game as we all know is the term “toys coming to life” by using a portal thingy that plugs into your console. By putting a toy figure on it, they will appear in the game. If you got the starter pack, the following characters included are Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, Sully from Monsters University, and Mr. Incredible from The Incredibles. You can get additional characters later on. This game will cost you some money if you want to go out and get additional characters such as Vanellope and Ralph from Wreck-it Ralph or Rapunzel from Tangled.
All characters have their own abilities and fighting styles relating to their source materials.
Bundled with the starter pack is a thing where you place it on another slot where you can put a little crystal thing. This lets you explore the worlds of the characters that came with it. Sadly, you can not play as a different character in a certain area. For example, I can’t be Mr. Incredible and go run around in the Monsters University world. And that’s just a darn shame too. It ruined the element of the game. And honestly, running around these worlds are a little bit boring. The big selling point to this game is the toy box mode.
Toy Box mode is sorta what you’d expect. You get to run around in an open area and build whatever you like by getting different toy pieces and using them in game. This can create endless hours of fun.
Life is Plastic, It’s Fantastic!
Graphics: The game is meant to look like plastic - they are toys after all (figuratively and literally). And it really does give it a nice look. It really does make you think you’re playing with actual toys. And the characters look like they’re from their actual film, but in a more cartoon-ish sense.
Meh. It’s Tolerable
Music: The music is alright. There almost is nothing to it. There are a few songs from Disney movies but I don’t know - they didn’t use the best ones in my opinion. But hey, I guess it does have that Disney-esque sound.
A New Way to Play With Toys?
Overall: Disney Infinity is a pretty interesting game and idea. Sure, Activision did it first with their Skylanders series. But the idea is still pretty cool. As for the game itself, it’s alright. There is lots to do, but the game is a little more fun if you have a friend with you (especially with a little kid, my cousins adore this game). But I could hardly get into it much. But it’s still a good game.
3 / 5